Windows 10: How to rename login screen login prompt

Discus and support How to rename login screen login prompt in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a computer that has a duplicate "Other User" login prompt. We have a global policy that puts four login options ,but the issue isn't getting... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BRCTU, Mar 6, 2019.

1. BRCTU Win User

How to rename login screen login prompt

I have a computer that has a duplicate "Other User" login prompt. We have a global policy that puts four login options ,but the issue isn't getting corrected after I run ggpupdate /force.

The prompts should say:

Other User

Password

Local or Domain Account

Smart Card

But the 4 prompts that show up say:

Other User

University *****

Smart card

Other User

The first "other user" prompts for a "email address or phone number" while the second one should be the "Local or Domain Account" prompt.

Is there a way to fix this so that the prompts are renamed to what they should be as per the global police?

:)

BRCTU, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

No login prompt at login screen

From the icons in the lower right it looks Shohambs has already done that. These only appear on the login screen AFAIK.

How to rename login screen login prompt [​IMG]

There should also be a list of one or more user accounts at the lower left, it's this that's missing. Without an account to select there won't be anything to sign in to.

Bree, Mar 6, 2019
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Mar 6, 2019
  4. How to rename login screen login prompt

No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

How to rename login screen login prompt [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

How to rename login screen login prompt

1. How to rename login screen login prompt - Similar Threads - rename login screen

2. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  3. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  4. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking: Using a Lenovo T490 and a Thunderbolt 3 dock. I don't know if either of those factor in but either way I have an issue with the login screen completely failing to bring up the password prompt. Just stuck on a blurry background and a few on-screen buttons that do let me reboot...
  6. No login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No login prompt: Hi all, I have been encountering an irritating issue. My PC, an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home, does not prompt the login page after starting the PC. After a seemingly normal and fast boot, I get the screen with the clock and date, but after clicking on it, there is no...
  7. Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify: I have a vexing problem since the Anniversary update on my Vaio. I have been using Windows 10 on this machine successfully for over a year. Here are the exact symptoms: I boot up the laptop from a cold state. The boot appears normal and my personal background appears on...
  8. No login prompt at login screen

No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  9. No login prompt after locking screen

No login prompt after locking screen: Hello, I locked my company computer last Friday because it had to make some calculations. When I came back on Tuesday and wanted to unlock it, there was only a black screen with my mouse pointer. After pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL the background of the login screen appeared, but...
  10. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. log in screen rename