Windows 10: How to rename profile in Windows Explorer

Discus and support How to rename profile in Windows Explorer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently had a corrupted proflile/account and so I created a new one, obviously with a different name, and then deleted the corrupted one. I managed... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Florio, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Florio Win User

How to rename profile in Windows Explorer

I recently had a corrupted proflile/account and so I created a new one, obviously with a different name, and then deleted the corrupted one. I managed to change the name of the new profile via the Control Panel, but the original name is still present in Windows Explorer (C:/Users). Is there a way of changing the profile name here as well?

:)

Florio, Dec 22, 2017

2. windows 10 user folder locarion

It's easier to create a new local user account with the preferred name instead.

However, if you want to rename the existing profile folder name, there is more work. This might help.

How to Rename Your User Profile Folder in Windows? » Winhelponline :

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/rename-user-profile-folder-windows/

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 22, 2017
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    Changing display name on MK9200 handsfree

Mobilemick, you have to attach your phone to a computer. In Windows, you can rename your device in the File Explorer. In Mac OS X, you
    rename your phone in the Windows Phone Connector. There is no way to rename your phone without a computer. Did that help?

Abi99 (2), Dec 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 22, 2017
Thema:

1. How to rename profile in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - rename profile Explorer

2. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer: I am using Windows File Explorer, Windows 10 Pro on a PC. I am trying to add a new sub-folder to an existing folder. As I type the sub-folder name it exits, leaving only one or 2 characters of the name. If I try to rename, the legacy text flashes blue so I can't overtype it....
  3. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer: I am using Windows File Explorer, Windows 10 Pro on a PC. I am trying to add a new sub-folder to an existing folder. As I type the sub-folder name it exits, leaving only one or 2 characters of the name. If I try to rename, the legacy text flashes blue so I can't overtype it....
  4. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File Explorer renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer renaming: I have subfolders X, Y, and Z in a multi-subfolder folder. In Windows 10, if I wished to change X and Y, I would click the filename of X, wait a second and click it again. I would type in the new X name to change the filename, and single-click the Y folder,. The X filename...
  6. File Explorer renaming

File Explorer renaming: I have subfolders X, Y, and Z in a multi-subfolder folder. In Windows 10, if I wished to change X and Y, I would click the filename of X, wait a second and click it again. I would type in the new X name to change the filename, and single-click the Y folder,. The X filename...
  7. File Explorer was Renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  8. File Explorer was Renamed

File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  9. User Profile Rename

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Profile Rename: im currently using a windows 10 home os ( build 1809 ) and under the user folder it spelled my name wrong, i would like to know how do i rename the usesr folder? and by doing so will it affect any applications thats already installed in the device?...
  10. Renaming user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming user profile: My User Profile was created during the building of the computer by a 3rd party and now appears as C:\Users\OEM.DESKTOP-V87UE3B. How can I change this to reflect my name etc chux 120766