Windows 10: How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10

Discus and support How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Quick Access is a handy feature. It not only lists recent folders but also includes some system folders like documents,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 17, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10

How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10 Quick-Access-Rename-Folders-100x100.png
    How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10 Quick-Access-Rename-Folders-150x90.png Windows 10 Quick Access is a handy feature. It not only lists recent folders but also includes some system folders like documents, downloads, pictures and so on. If you ever wanted to rename Quick Access folders, we will guide you [...]

This post How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Mr Cheese Win User

Windows 10 - How to Rename Quick Access items

When I pin folder locations to the Quick Access list in Windows 10, I am seeking the option to be able to rename them.

I used to do this in Windows 8 Favorites list. But when I try to do this in Windows 10, I am forced to actually change the name of the actual folder, which I do not want to do.

I am seeking to see if it possible to rename the names on Pinned Quick Access list, like I have done previously with Windows 8 favorties?

Thanks for any comments.

Mr Cheese, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Arzi Win User
    Change icon for Quick Access folder rather than renaming

Rather than taking complicated workaround steps to rename a Quick Access folder, which technically is not renaming it, why not just change the folder icon: Browse to the original folder location, right-click, Properties, Customize tab; Change icon, browse to desired icon, OK, Apply, OK twice.

4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - rename Quick Access

2. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?: I've found some discussions on that dated 6-7 years ago. There were no reasonable solutions provided then. I guess it's time to re-open the discussion and maybe do something about it?So, my question is...How or rather when I'll be able to:1 Right-click an item in the Quick...
  3. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?: I've found some discussions on that dated 6-7 years ago. There were no reasonable solutions provided then. I guess it's time to re-open the discussion and maybe do something about it?So, my question is...How or rather when I'll be able to:1 Right-click an item in the Quick...
  4. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  6. Quick access renaming folders

Quick access renaming folders: Is it possible to change names of pinned folders WITHOUT changing the Quick access names in Explorer? I used to be able to do this in Win 7 with its Explorer's Favorites.I typically have one handy folder, such as Desktop\New Folder, where I put files which I copy or download....
  7. Can you rename User Folder in Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you rename User Folder in Quick Access?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/p0hi0km1zop61.png?width=306&format=png&auto=webp&s=4a4a38841a78f0ca175434ce762efc51d89e04f0 submitted by /u/andorejunior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/metyzq/can_you_rename_user_folder_in_quick_access/
  8. redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location: so i changed my 3D objects quick access shortcut location to a new folder name Program setups. the quick access shortcut does bring me to the program setups folder, but its still named 3D objects. i can't rename the shortcut either. does anyone have an idea how i can fix...
  9. In Windows 10, renaming Quick Access folders breaks others being able to access folder -...

In Windows 10, renaming Quick Access folders breaks others being able to access folder -...: In Windows 7, I could rename a folder in Quick Access and it not affect other users utilizing the folders. In Windows 10, you cannot rename a folder without it affecting others using gaining access. Will this remain the same or are there plans to change this back to Windows...
  10. Change icon for Quick Access folder rather than renaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change icon for Quick Access folder rather than renaming: Rather than taking complicated workaround steps to rename a Quick Access folder, which technically is not renaming it, why not just change the folder icon: Browse to the original folder location, right-click, Properties, Customize tab; Change icon, browse to desired icon, OK,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 rename quick access pin

2. how to rename a folder in quick access

3. rename windows 10 quick access links

4. windows 10 rename folders in quick access,
  5. win10 quick access rename,
  6. windows 10 rename quick access rename folder