Windows 10: How to rename the Ethernet Network Name of Windows?

Discus and support How to rename the Ethernet Network Name of Windows? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] We recently changed our router and when I connect to the Internet, it shows "Network 2" but not the name of our router. Please can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Srihan Balanagu, Jan 18, 2021.

1. How to rename the Ethernet Network Name of Windows?

How to rename the Ethernet Network Name of Windows? 2162af73-ec10-4a29-96c5-5d0e0c6a61a2?upload=true.png

We recently changed our router and when I connect to the Internet, it shows "Network 2" but not the name of our router.

Please can anyone help me to rename the Network name.

I have searched the Web and everywhere there are tutorials for the changing name for the Network Adapter, but not the name of the Network.

PS: I have a Professional Version of Windows, if that matters with the steps to be followed.

:)

Srihan Balanagu, Jan 18, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

option 1: use cmd
    Netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet" newname="RenamedAdapter"

option 2: use powershell
    Get-NetAdapter -Name Ethernet | Rename-NetAdapter -NewName Renamed

for more detail:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...enaming-network-adapters-by-using-powershell/

hmmm. nm I should also learn to read.

slozomby, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Ethernet Connection not the correct name!

Hi Jovani,

Changing the network name is easy and it would really save a lot of your time as you follow these steps carefully:

• Open the Control Panel and change the View by category to
      Large icons.
    • Open Network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change adapter settings.
    • Right-click on the Network card that you want to be renamed and select
      Rename.
    • Select Rename.

We hope that the above steps answers your question.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you.

Jaune Bel, Jan 18, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How to rename the Ethernet Network Name of Windows?

Home wired ethernet network, duplicate Network Names, Usefulness of Network Names

Hi Fengling

Rest assured, there is no performance hit or risk associated with renaming a network in Windows or indeed form having duplicated network names . . .

The only priority associated with networks on Windows 10 is that an Ethernet Connection will be preferred to a WiFi connection, because that is deemed to be faster . .

DaveM121, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

How to rename the Ethernet Network Name of Windows?

1. How to rename the Ethernet Network Name of Windows? - Similar Threads - rename Ethernet Network

2. how to rename/forget a saved network drive name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to rename/forget a saved network drive name?: I created a WebDAV server on my Android phone and mapped it to a network drive in Windows Explorer (Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110)). Initially the drive was named "DavWWWRoot (\\192.168.1.2@8080) (Z:)". I wanted to rename the drive to "Galaxy S8 (\\192.168.1.2@8080)...
  3. Ethernet Network Name

Ethernet Network Name: Today, on Windows 10 latest version, I connected to WiFi for the first time while connected to ethernet simultaneously. My ethernet connection took on the name of the wi-fi connection. So now, my ethernet connection has the same name as one of my wi fi networks. Still works...
  4. How do I rename or reset my ethernet connection name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rename or reset my ethernet connection name?: [ATTACH] The past few weeks I have been connected to multiple routers for testing purposes using an ethernet cable. Now this page in settings shows my current connection as Network 8, but it used to be just Network. How can I reset this name without reinstalling Windows?...
  5. How to Rename user folder name ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Rename user folder name ?: As you can guess from the title. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsczbw/how_to_rename_user_folder_name/
  6. Home wired ethernet network, duplicate Network Names, Usefulness of Network Names

Home wired ethernet network, duplicate Network Names, Usefulness of Network Names: Two of the three desktop PCs on my wired network are named Network 2, with the third PC named Network 4. I have researched and found ways to rename them, but before I do, two questions: Is there a performance or operational risk related to the duplicate Network 2's, and is...
  7. rename cellular name shown in the available networks

in Windows 10 Customization
    rename cellular name shown in the available networks: does anyone know how to rename the cellular available network, currently mine shows the name 000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-cellular-name-shown-in-the-available/ba2513c6-40bf-4599-89d9-4f68ff4ca00b
  8. Change the Ethernet network name

Change the Ethernet network name: Good day. Is it possible to change this name? If so, what is the exact procedure? Thank sou, Stanislav [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-ethernet-network-name/08efe2b4-3ddb-4e91-8020-310374f4fa02
  9. How to merge Ethernet and WiFi connection Network names in one Name?

How to merge Ethernet and WiFi connection Network names in one Name?: Hi, I am connected to one Router. However, when connected wirelessly, I see there is a network name 'MikroTik- Mohammad'. However, when I am connected with a wired cable, I see the network name as 'MikroTik-BCEDB'. As a result, when I am connected wirelessly and via...
  10. How to rename network interfaces

How to rename network interfaces: Hi, I've got a new DSL router and configured it with the same settings as previous. I already tried and successfuly renamed Network Adapters as they were before, it is now Ethernet and Wi-Fi but it is still not enough. netsh interface show interface command still saying...