Windows 10: How to Rename User Folder in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Rename User Folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there,I want to rename the User Folder, but I am unable to find best solution for it on the internet. Kindly help me with it.Also I want to know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AtharvZope, Jul 30, 2021.

1. How to Rename User Folder in Windows 10

Hello there,I want to rename the User Folder, but I am unable to find best solution for it on the internet. Kindly help me with it.Also I want to know that if I rename the User Folder, will my apps which have their data in the user folder will stop working ??I have logged into Windows as Microsoft AccountWindows Version--> Windows 10 Home [Version: 21H1]

:)

AtharvZope, Jul 30, 2021

2. Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 30, 2021
  3. User Folder Renamed

It is totally unclear what you did and how. The fact is that Windows will not let you rename your profile folder while you are logged on. The only way goes like this. Note that this is is an unsupported operation that could cause serious problems:

1. Log on under a different account, one that has admin privileges.
    2. Rename the folder C:\Users\Nath to C:\Users\Nathan
    3. Adjust certain keys in the registry to reflect the change.

Now please report exactly what you did.

Frederik Long, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How to Rename User Folder in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

How to Rename User Folder in Windows 10

1. How to Rename User Folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Rename User Folder

2. How to rename in User folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename in User folder?: I have a question that how to rename my current name to a different name in User folder which located in C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-in-user-folder/76bc400f-7f79-4e28-b700-57e255002609
  3. How to rename in User folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rename in User folder?: I have a question that how to rename my current name to a different name in User folder which located in C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-in-user-folder/76bc400f-7f79-4e28-b700-57e255002609
  4. Rename the user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rename the user folder: Hello!I just bought a new computer with Windows 11. When I set it up it asked me for my full name. when the setup guide finished I noticed that my user folder had my full name C:\users<user name>. The problem is that my name is Björn and Ö is not a standard letter. Having...
  5. How to rename the folder inside the user folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to rename the folder inside the user folder?: Guys, I bought a laptop recently, and the guy who set it up named it ASUS. I am logged in with my Microsoft id, I changed the pc name in settings, then too in CMD and vs code terminal, it shows "C:\Users\Asus>" This is driving me CRAZY !!! Can't I name my Laptop Donut? pls...
  6. How to Rename user folder name ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Rename user folder name ?: As you can guess from the title. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsczbw/how_to_rename_user_folder_name/
  7. Rename a User folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename a User folder: Hello there! I need to change my User name. I changed th name in the Registry editor here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.But I cannot rename the particular folder inside the Users folder, I simply don't have such an option after...
  8. Rename the User’s Folder in Windows 10

Rename the User’s Folder in Windows 10: Hi, I was trying to change my username folder in my windows 10 home but I can't change it because previously I had Google backup and sync installed on my computer. I uninstalled that program and even deleted the folder from my computer. I couldn't change my username even...
  9. Rename user folder in windows 10

Rename user folder in windows 10: Got the BSOD and had to reload Windows 10. My email address starts with MNstrel@ so windows made my user folder MNstr. I want my user folder to be my name, David B........ My microsoft account has my full name. My user account has my full name. When I try to make a local...
  10. How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?: While my request in the thread Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account? was successfully handled, I now have this situation which I consider appropriate to mention in a new thread. Basically, I would like to rename the "new user" folder of the...