Windows 10: How to rename user folder to "C:\Users\Anil Chaudhary" from C:\Users\USER."?

Discus and support How to rename user folder to "C:\Users\Anil Chaudhary" from C:\Users\USER."? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My device : DELL, WIN10 64Bits. I brought this two ago. The seller helped me set up, he set the user name "USER." which I changed to "Anil Chaudhary"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnilChaudharyXT, Jan 12, 2021.

1. How to rename user folder to "C:\Users\Anil Chaudhary" from C:\Users\USER."?

My device : DELL, WIN10 64Bits.

I brought this two ago. The seller helped me set up, he set the user name "USER." which I changed to "Anil Chaudhary" and now I see Anil Chaudhary in the login screen. However, in the C drive, it is still "C:\Users\USER.". I want changes please help me, How can i change it from "C:\Users\USER." to "C:\Users\Anil Chaudhary"?

I tried from control panel, there is no "Local Users and Group" option in the accounts manager page.

Thanks a lot!!!

AnilChaudhary

:)

AnilChaudharyXT, Jan 12, 2021

2. Renaming C:\Users\<user>, then saving to it

Windows will not let you rename your own profile folder while you are logged on.

What exactly did you do, and why?

Frederik Long, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Renaming C:\Users\<user>, then saving to it

Hi,

I have a local Windows account.

I did the following (after logging in):

1. Rename C:\Users\MyName to C:\Users\SomeOtherName
    2. Move files to it
    3. Name it back to the original C:\Users\MyName
    Now I can't access my files, even after trying to rename again.

What should I do?

RobertAnkle, Jan 12, 2021
  4. How to rename user folder to "C:\Users\Anil Chaudhary" from C:\Users\USER."?

How to change the "logical" name of personal folder C:\Users\%username%

Well the work around is to login into built-in Admin and rename the folder C:\Users\ANIL to C:\Users\QQQ and rename it back to C:\Users\ANIL. That did the trick!

Thanks Dave for your help!

Anil-Sharma, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

How to rename user folder to "C:\Users\Anil Chaudhary" from C:\Users\USER."?

1. How to rename user folder to "C:\Users\Anil Chaudhary" from C:\Users\USER."? - Similar Threads - rename user folder

2. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  3. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  4. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to rename user folder in C:/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to rename user folder in C:/: Hi, my computer was recently reformatted and afterwhich, when I click in the path C:\Users, my folder name "Rach" is no longer there and instead, it is named "user" instead, which is different from my computer login profile. How do I get it to sync and rename the folder as...
  6. Unable to rename user folder in C:/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to rename user folder in C:/: Hi, my computer was recently reformatted and afterwhich, when I click in the path C:\Users, my folder name "Rach" is no longer there and instead, it is named "user" instead, which is different from my computer login profile. How do I get it to sync and rename the folder as...
  7. How do I rename the folder in C:\Users ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rename the folder in C:\Users ?: There's a folder in C:\Users with my name on it. I want to change the folder's name so that my name isn't there anymore. Everyone is able to see it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-rename-the-folder-in-cusers/13694681-86af-442a-a99e-1e109ce6e5b5
  8. Renaming the user folder under c:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming the user folder under c:\users: Hi all. As a user who's part of a domain, my user folder under C:\Users is very long and this is disturbing when I use Bash (WSL). the folder is first.last.domainName and that's too long. Ideally, I just want my user folder to be my first.last name without the domain name...
  9. How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?

How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?: While my request in the thread Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account? was successfully handled, I now have this situation which I consider appropriate to mention in a new thread. Basically, I would like to rename the "new user" folder of the...
  10. How to rename C:\ users

How to rename C:\ users: I bought a new Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.1.Recently, I upgraded to windows 10. *Biggrin But now I noticed that my user folder is named as it world. And the path is C:\Users\it world . *Mad please help me to change it to C:\Users\.Please.......... *cry *Sad 16149