Windows 10: How to rename your account

Discus and support How to rename your account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Nothing of a big problem. Just need to know how to rename this in my PC Earlier I had this by my name only but now it's showing me my email.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kushagra Lamba, Jun 26, 2020.

1. How to rename your account

Nothing of a big problem. Just need to know how to rename this in my PC
    Earlier I had this by my name only but now it's showing me my email.

How to rename your account 0dacf61c-c020-49a6-84a9-6f892f49b693?upload=true.png

:)

Kushagra Lamba, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 26, 2020
  4. How to rename your account

Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

How to rename your account

1. How to rename your account - Similar Threads - rename account

2. Can I use my Gmail on an existing microsoft account by renaming the alias?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I use my Gmail on an existing microsoft account by renaming the alias?: I have TWO accounts with gamertags, I would like to delete one microsoft account + gamertag, then use that Gmail on the other microsoft account + gamertag by renaming the alias on that account with my exisiting Gmail from the deleted account.I understand that there is a 60...
  3. Can I use my Gmail on an existing microsoft account by renaming the alias?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my Gmail on an existing microsoft account by renaming the alias?: I have TWO accounts with gamertags, I would like to delete one microsoft account + gamertag, then use that Gmail on the other microsoft account + gamertag by renaming the alias on that account with my exisiting Gmail from the deleted account.I understand that there is a 60...
  4. Can I use my Gmail on an existing microsoft account by renaming the alias?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Rename my Windows 11 account name and email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Rename my Windows 11 account name and email address?: I recently traded up to a PC with Win 11. When I fired it up it forced me to use a Microsoft account, which I despise. I have one that I created a few years ago for this purpose but decided to not use it. I made up a fake email address.Well, when it set up my profile it uses...
  6. How to Rename my Windows 11 account name and email address?

How to Rename my Windows 11 account name and email address?: I recently traded up to a PC with Win 11. When I fired it up it forced me to use a Microsoft account, which I despise. I have one that I created a few years ago for this purpose but decided to not use it. I made up a fake email address.Well, when it set up my profile it uses...
  7. Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge: My microsoft account has been renamed and hence renaming all the names into devices I was signed into. When I try changing the password, it said it was sending reequest to microsoft authenticator app but I was not getting it. I changed it with other verification method, but I...
  8. Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge

Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge: My microsoft account has been renamed and hence renaming all the names into devices I was signed into. When I try changing the password, it said it was sending reequest to microsoft authenticator app but I was not getting it. I changed it with other verification method, but I...
  9. Having minor issues after renaming pc account user username.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having minor issues after renaming pc account user username.: So i followed a guide on google to rename my main account username because when i setup pc my mail is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and microsoft literally used insan as the username which i never wanted so i changed the ProfileImagePath regedit to the new...
  10. Having minor issues after renaming pc account user username.

Having minor issues after renaming pc account user username.: So i followed a guide on google to rename my main account username because when i setup pc my mail is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and microsoft literally used insan as the username which i never wanted so i changed the ProfileImagePath regedit to the new...