Windows 10: How to reorder the open excel files in task bar?

Discus and support How to reorder the open excel files in task bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I use Multiple Excel files when at work. And for making my job easy, at the start of the day, I open those excel files in sequence which refers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PoojaGaonkar, Jan 17, 2020.

1. How to reorder the open excel files in task bar?

Hi,

I use Multiple Excel files when at work.

And for making my job easy, at the start of the day, I open those excel files in sequence which refers one file after the other, so that I need not drag the cursor to find the next file required.

However, when accidentally if any excel file in between closes, the sequence breaks and then the file which I closed when I reopen, it is the last one amongst all the other opened excels.

This is the same thing that happens with any program. We can never re-organize any sequence for a particular opened program.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this?

Regards,

Pooja Gaonkar

:)

PoojaGaonkar, Jan 17, 2020
  2. simrick Win User

Excel Icon on taskbar does not open file, only program

Hi Wynona, thanks for dropping in.

Wayne has the Excel shortcut pinned to the taskbar. When he right-clicks that icon, the jump list of recent files shows above the icon. Usually, you can click one of those recent files, and Excel will open that file. His problem is, it's not working like that and only opens Excel the program - then he has to go through the extra steps of opening the file. We've tried unpinning - re-pinning, clearing out the MRUs, and repairing Office (both local and online repair). Nothing has worked.

He did have one corrupt spreadsheet, which he has recovered into a new spreadsheet, and I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it? If so, is there a way to remedy now that the corrupted spreadsheet is gone? (It is gone now, right Wayne?)

simrick, Jan 17, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

How to reorder the open excel files in task bar? [​IMG]

- this list:

How to reorder the open excel files in task bar? [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Wynona Win User

How to reorder the open excel files in task bar?

Excel Icon on taskbar does not open file, only program

OK, I see what you mean. I pinned Excel to the Task Bar and opened its jump list and clicked on a file. It opened as it should.

I don't think it's an Excel problem. It looks to me that it's a Windows problem.

Edit: I just pinned Word to the Task Bar and got the same result. However, what I'm seeing is that only those files I've worked on recently will show up when I right click on the app. But they open just fine for me.

I'm with Simrick; if you have one more than ten days old, I'd do a Restore.

Wynona, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

How to reorder the open excel files in task bar?

1. How to reorder the open excel files in task bar? - Similar Threads - reorder open excel

2. double clicking on Excel and Word Icons in task bar doesn't open the program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    double clicking on Excel and Word Icons in task bar doesn't open the program: When I double click on the Excel and Word icon on my taskbar nothing happens. I have to right click on icon and then run as administrator. This doesn't happen with any of my other icons on my taskbar....
  3. double clicking on Excel and Word Icons in task bar doesn't open the program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    double clicking on Excel and Word Icons in task bar doesn't open the program: When I double click on the Excel and Word icon on my taskbar nothing happens. I have to right click on icon and then run as administrator. This doesn't happen with any of my other icons on my taskbar....
  4. Reorder Icon pop ups from Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reorder Icon pop ups from Task Bar: Is it possible to re-order pop ups when I hover over a task bar icon? For example, I am currently working on a number of different projects, and might have several Word docs from these projects open. When I hover over the Word icon on the task bar, it shows me all the open...
  5. Excel file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file will not open: Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up saying "how do you want to open this file?". Excel is not one of the options...
  6. Reordering Virtual Desktops on Task View

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reordering Virtual Desktops on Task View: Hello, I have read a number of support articles on this site and elsewhere, and there appear to be options missing from my context menu when I right-click on a virtual desktop in task view. [ATTACH] Compare to the image at this link, which has 5 total options in the...
  7. How to automatically open an excel file on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically open an excel file on startup?: I have been trying to find this on the internet, but my search criteria are probably not specific enough. Can someone please explain how to do this? Thank you. submitted by /u/KittyPitty [link] [comments]...
  8. Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file: When I setup a scheduled task within window 7, it works fine and open an excel file, but when I do the same setting under window 10, it can open excel application, but not able to open excel file. I have double checked on both PC and confirm those scheduled settings are...
  9. open windows to task bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    open windows to task bar: something happened when they repaired my phone, now i can't transfer my open window to my task bar for easy return when working with other files. CAN ANYONE HELP ME...
  10. how to reorder disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to reorder disks: In Disk Management I see that drive C (system) in on disk 3. How can I reorder disks so that C will be on disk 1? Is it by changing sockets on board? how? or thru the Bios? I have Gigabyte Z87 motherboard thank you 109421

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reorder the excel files in my screen