Windows 10: How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive?

Discus and support How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My main desktop (running Windows 10 version 2004 19041.685) computer has a StarTech hotswap trayless rack that I've used for years: [img] I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NormAtHome, Jan 14, 2021.

1. How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive?

My main desktop (running Windows 10 version 2004 19041.685) computer has a StarTech hotswap trayless rack that I've used for years:

How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive? [​IMG]

I have a number of bare hard drives that I use to backup and to store offline data; I put one of my offline data drives in which I'd used a month or so ago and something appears to be wrong and the partition must be damaged in some way because Windows says it's "5588.90 GB RAW Healthy (Basic Data Partition)":

How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive? [​IMG]

I've tested the drive using the Western Digital Diagnostics and it passes both the SMART and short DST tests and the drive does not appear to have any problems but there's no partition data. Is there any way to repair or recover the damaged partition and files? I've googled but almost all results are about a "Recovery Partition".

:)

NormAtHome, Jan 14, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 14, 2021
  4. badrobot Win User

How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive?

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive? :)

badrobot, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive?

1. How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive? - Similar Threads - repair damaged partition

2. Repair this Drive C: partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair this Drive C: partition: I recently run an error Checking scan on my disk and the dialog box said "Repair this drive.Windows found errors on this drive that needs to be repaired.close this dialog box,and then repair the drive." Guys help me out :...
  3. Repair this Drive C: partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair this Drive C: partition: I recently run an error Checking scan on my disk and the dialog box said "Repair this drive.Windows found errors on this drive that needs to be repaired.close this dialog box,and then repair the drive." Guys help me out :...
  4. Repair damaged RAW Drive without formatting or losing Data

in Windows 10 News
    Repair damaged RAW Drive without formatting or losing Data: [IMG]This post features solutions for repairing damaged RAW drive without formatting or losing data. A RAW drive is a storage device that has a RAW file system and hasn’t been formatted or assigned to a file system like FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 or NTFS/NTFS. Drives can sometimes get...
  5. How to merge two drives Basic Data Partitions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to merge two drives Basic Data Partitions?: Here's my partitions: I want to merge Virtual Machines E with New Volume F. Here's what it looks like in DiskPart:I want to merge Partition 8 with Partition 5. How can I do that?Here's the options greyed out when you right click on them:It'd be great if anyone could help....
  6. How to merge two drives Basic Data Partitions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to merge two drives Basic Data Partitions?: Here's my partitions: I want to merge Virtual Machines E with New Volume F. Here's what it looks like in DiskPart:I want to merge Partition 8 with Partition 5. How can I do that?Here's the options greyed out when you right click on them:It'd be great if anyone could help....
  7. How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive?: My main desktop (running Windows 10 version 2004 19041.685) computer has a StarTech hotswap trayless rack that I've used for years: [img] I have a number of bare hard drives that I use to backup and to store offline data; I put one of my offline data drives in which I'd...
  8. How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive?: My main desktop (running Windows 10 version 2004 19041.685) computer has a StarTech hotswap trayless rack that I've used for years: [img] I have a number of bare hard drives that I use to backup and to store offline data; I put one of my offline data drives in which I'd...
  9. Software to repair damaged spinning hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Software to repair damaged spinning hard drive: I had an old XP machine that I ran my email server on. A few days ago it started to give me BSODs and after a few reboots refused to boot any longer. I purchased a new desktop that came with Windows 10 Pro. I then removed the hard drive from the old XP machine and attached...
  10. Data on separate partition or drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data on separate partition or drive?: Wondering how Windows 10 deals with putting data on a separate partition or drive. Does it use the same general method as in Windows 7, where it re-maps (for example) "Documents" to a folder on a different letter drive path? So that C:\Users\{user}\Documents becomes...