Windows 10: How to repair a Hard drive

Discus and support How to repair a Hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi i have a 2 TB Seagate internal HDD, I am unsure what happened, it’s not very old and has always been fitted inside a PC case, so hasn’t been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Feb 14, 2020.

1. How to repair a Hard drive

Hi

i have a 2 TB Seagate internal HDD, I am unsure what happened, it’s not very old and has always been fitted inside a PC case, so hasn’t been knocked.

Windows refuses to boot up with it connected. I unplugged the Sata data lead, allowed windows to boot then reconnected it.

windows drive manage shows it as bad, with no option to do anything.....I ran seagate tools for windows, the short and long test passed, but when I selected fix everything, it failed......did a sector test with Aome partition manager and it started reporting sector errors immediately, but allowed me to rebuild the MBR ?

I realise I may have to give up and dump this HDD, but want to be certain I have tried everything first. I tried seatools booted from a USB, but couldn’t work out how to use the program to repair the HDD. See image for screenshot

is there anything else I can try ? 99% of the searches for HDD repair tools, simply give data recovery software, there IS a difference, but that simple premise seems to be lost on many advertising their wares...

many thanks in advance
    How to repair a Hard drive [​IMG]

:)

reddwarf4ever, Feb 14, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 14, 2020
  3. little cat, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

How to repair a Hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

How to repair a Hard drive

1. How to repair a Hard drive - Similar Threads - repair Hard drive

2. my hard drive is not repairing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hard drive is not repairing: When I plug in my hard drive, the scanning and repair notification pops up so I press repair. The green loading bar gets finishes in about 2-3 minutes but it stays like that. I let it sit like that for a couple hours because I assumed I had a lot on my hard drive so it needed...
  3. my hard drive is not repairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hard drive is not repairing: When I plug in my hard drive, the scanning and repair notification pops up so I press repair. The green loading bar gets finishes in about 2-3 minutes but it stays like that. I let it sit like that for a couple hours because I assumed I had a lot on my hard drive so it needed...
  4. How to repair a hard drive connected to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repair a hard drive connected to Windows 10?: My PC will not boot up. I get a blue screen that says it cannot load windows/system32/winload.exeI previously had upgraded the old HDD to an SSD. I used a tool provided by Crucial to move everything. I disconnected the old drive and have been using the SSD ever since. When...
  5. How to repair a hard drive connected to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to repair a hard drive connected to Windows 10?: My PC will not boot up. I get a blue screen that says it cannot load windows/system32/winload.exeI previously had upgraded the old HDD to an SSD. I used a tool provided by Crucial to move everything. I disconnected the old drive and have been using the SSD ever since. When...
  6. How to repair a hard drive connected to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Repairing external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repairing external hard drive: Hi all I store all of my photos and music on an external hard drive. Recently some photos didn't copy across properly - I deleted them but the hard drive is stuck cancelling the action and Windows is asking me to repair the drive with the message below: "We have found errors...
  8. Hard Drive OS Repair/Access on a hard drive attached as a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive OS Repair/Access on a hard drive attached as a external hard drive: I have a computer originally from my son. It had not been running for 5-7 years, burnt power supply. I was updating to most current Win 10 and the files got corrupted at version 1909 and it won't boot. In Win PE recovery mode I've tried system restore, system reset, advanced...
  9. d:\ How do you repair the hard drive ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    d:\ How do you repair the hard drive ?: How do you repair the hard drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-how-do-you-repair-the-hard-drive/0e48d965-998b-4cb5-b601-e144ba618381
  10. How to repair external hard drive that has errors that need repairing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to repair external hard drive that has errors that need repairing: Hello, I scanned my 2 TB external hard drive and it was found to have errors. The box said errors were found and to close the box and repair them. It doesn't say how to do this. This hard drive registers as Drive N on my PC. I am trying to copy the files on this drive to a...