Windows 10: How to repair an Invalid or revoked Trusted Certificate -- Odd error w/ diagnostics

Discus and support How to repair an Invalid or revoked Trusted Certificate -- Odd error w/ diagnostics in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro system, upgraded from 8.1 (or .2). It is a Dell desktop PC. The certificate store indicates that DST Root CA X3 has been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Zack Self (zack), May 9, 2019.

1. How to repair an Invalid or revoked Trusted Certificate -- Odd error w/ diagnostics

I have a Windows 10 Pro system, upgraded from 8.1 (or .2). It is a Dell desktop PC. The certificate store indicates that DST Root CA X3 has been revoked by its certification authority. I also have a Surface Pro 2017 with Windows 10 Pro. That machine indicates that certificate is fine, has not been revoked.

I discovered this problem troubleshooting an issue on my desktop. Chrome and the new Chromium Edge browsers will not allow access to sites using the Let's Encrypt certificate. Normal Edge has no problem. So for a long time I've simply used Edge. It works, and I never get an invalid cert problem.

I've attached a screen shot that shows the cert path and browser page displays for one site (of many).

Initially I thought it was a browser problem, but now I think it is a multi-factor problem. For one thing, my desktop is reporting a cert status that is different than another machine. For another, Edge doesn't appear to care or acknowledge the status of a revoked cert on the machine.

I need to fix the cert on my desktop. I tried exporting and copying from my Surface Pro, but that didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

How to repair an Invalid or revoked Trusted Certificate -- Odd error w/ diagnostics 37b3b1ce-1f3b-42e2-b686-6af8679908b7?upload=true.png

:)

Zack Self (zack), May 9, 2019

2. revoked certificate

How can a revoked certificate be restored?

JerryByerly, May 9, 2019
  3. Internet Revoked Certificate

Hi Brian,

Certificate errors occur when there's a problem with a certificate or a web server's use of the certificate. Internet Explorer helps keep your information more secure by warning about certificate errors. For us to assist
    you further with the issue, we’ll need the following details:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different browser?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the error that you’ve encountered? (Kindly click this link on
      how to include a screenshot in your post.)

In the meantime, we recommend that you add the site from a security zone by following these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
    • Select the Security tab, choose one of the security zone icons (Local intranet, Trusted sites, or Restricted sites), and then select Sites. You can add sites to the
      zone you chose, or delete sites that you no longer want in this zone.
    • Add a site. Enter a URL into the Add this website to the zone box, and then select Add.

We also suggest that you refer in this article for any Certificate errors: FAQ
    and check if it will help you with the issue. If the issue persists, we recommend that you follow steps provided in this article on How
    to reset Internet Explorer settings

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, May 9, 2019
  4. How to repair an Invalid or revoked Trusted Certificate -- Odd error w/ diagnostics

N8 certificates not trusted/don't match the name

Well I worked out for myself how to verify the certificates are genuine:

• Using a desktop computer
    • Go to the page with the certificates
    • Select a certificate
    • It will say either:
      • Certificate already exists - this confirms that the certificate on the website matches one already in your browser, which we already trust, therefore the certificate on the website is trustworthy
      • Asks if you want to install the certificate, DON'T.
        • First view the certificate details.
        • Copy the certificate serial number or SHA1/SHA256/MD5/etc hash
        • Paste this into a search engine
        • If another website that you trust lists the certificate, e.g. your phone manufacturer or another trusted website (preferably a secure website, therefore you have confidence the website is genuine), then you can trust the certificate
        • If no trustworthy sites are returned in the search then try another hash or serial number
        • If you can't find any trustworthy sites listing the certificate then I suggest you don't trust it.
    • Finally, if you decide you trust a certificate then you can download and install on your phone.

CurvyClover488, May 9, 2019
Thema:

How to repair an Invalid or revoked Trusted Certificate -- Odd error w/ diagnostics

1. How to repair an Invalid or revoked Trusted Certificate -- Odd error w/ diagnostics - Similar Threads - repair Invalid revoked

2. Certificate revoked: unable to install Dell BIOS upgrade. How to bypass?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certificate revoked: unable to install Dell BIOS upgrade. How to bypass?: Support from Dell ended last year. Possibly the BIOS was released for windows 10 but I have upgrade to "Windows 11 fully supported"The BIOS downloaded but it was stopped from installing due to Device Protection. Disabling core protection just changed the warning message,...
  3. Certutil and Microsoft Office reports a revoked certificate that is not

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Certutil and Microsoft Office reports a revoked certificate that is not: Hi, I have RootCA->IntermediteCA->mycert, and i'm trying to sign microsoft word documents with mycert. When i open the signed document it says the signature is invalid, and when i see signature details, in the tree it reports RootCA is revoked however its not. In certificate...
  4. Certutil and office reports a revoked certificate that is not

Certutil and office reports a revoked certificate that is not: Hi, I have RootCA->IntermediteCA->mycert, and i'm trying to sign microsoft word documents with mycert. When i open the signed document it says the signature is invalid, and when i see signature details, in the tree it reports RootCA is revoked however its not. In certificate...
  5. Invalid certificate

Invalid certificate: Hello Please can you explain why I'm seeing these errors https://ibb.co/xz5QXYh Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-certificate/82ea04fb-692b-46e8-9ac4-a4e2cc6f70b4
  6. Error 13: The Data is invalid - Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 13: The Data is invalid - Diagnostic Policy Service: I cannot run Windows Diagnostics Service as the Diagnostics Policy Service is not Running. When I try and start the service, I receive the error: Error 13: The data is invalid. It is a standalone PC and I am the Administrator. Having browsed around there was mention...
  7. Certificate Revoked

Certificate Revoked: I have a client that is unable to get into their CRM webspace all of a sudden. This happens in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE. Certificate has been revoked: NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED I can't seem to find any clear answers to clear up this problem, and it is a high priority...
  8. installing trusted certificates

installing trusted certificates: I have just become aware that U can install certificates onto your computer, and before I do anything it's best I ask what are the 'pro and cons' of installing trusted certificates. * Moved from education...
  9. invalid security certificate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    invalid security certificate: Since updating Windows 10 Nov 2018, I have had internet connection problems. Now I have invalid security certificate and can't connect to the Internet via wifi or Ethernet connection. I can't find a solution to the problem. I've tried running troubleshooter but no luck. I...
  10. "Revoked Security Certificate" Error popping up at awkward times.

"Revoked Security Certificate" Error popping up at awkward times.: So when I disconnect my internet I get this window popping up. A LOT. I'm not trying to open a new window or anything. I'm afk when 20+ of these things pop-up. "Revoked Security Certificate" Thoughts on the issue?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local device SHA256 cert error