Windows 10: How to repair bootres.dll error code 0x57

Discus and support How to repair bootres.dll error code 0x57 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is my first problem since Windows XP so I am a bit rusty. The machine is my main pc. It is running 24/7 with an occasional system update restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SaleB81, Dec 17, 2018.

1. SaleB81 Win User

How to repair bootres.dll error code 0x57

This is my first problem since Windows XP so I am a bit rusty.

The machine is my main pc. It is running 24/7 with an occasional system update restart probably once in two months. Running Windows 10, last time auto updated some time last week. Earlier today I had some issue with software-based sticky ctrl. Restarted the machine (start menu/restart) and got stuck in the start sequence.

Windows start-up tried to repair itself, but could not. I tried "Return to an earlier version", errored out "Unable to ... something". Tried a Restore point, October 12th, probably just before some auto-update, completed the action, did not solve the problem.

While exploring the prompt I found out that D: disk is my primary boot SSD, and the C: is my system data disk (disk which holds my files and users special folders, actually all that's important). The same physical drive contains other two partitions which have some other letters.

While trying to find a solution in SrtTrail.txt I found the last entry, d:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt; file repair failed, error code 0x57.

There are a few bootres.dll files on d: in the following folders:

d:\windows\boot\resources

d:\windows\panther\rollback\efi\microsoft\boot\resources

and other three in three different folders in

d:\windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-bootres_...

All five files have different sizes and dates, newest being the first and oldest the second.

Now I cannot find the EFI folder on either c: or d:, but there is one in D:\Windows\Boot and one in X:\Windows\Boot

The question is which one should I replace with which and can I do it from Administrator console (have not yet found the safe mode in W10).

My goal is to repair it if possible, as the software installed on the machine would take a week or more to get installed again on a fresh installation.

Thanks in advance,

SaleB

:)

SaleB81, Dec 17, 2018
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Dec 17, 2018
  3. ShiBDiB Win User
    D3dx9_30.dll Not Found error in Ashes Cricket 2009

Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_30.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

ShiBDiB, Dec 17, 2018
  4. How to repair bootres.dll error code 0x57

error code 0xc0000225

Hi Marie,

The error code 0xc0000225 is booting error that usually happens when the Booting Configuration Data (BCD) is missing or corrupted. We suggest that you perform an
    Automatic Repair by following the steps listed in Jenith_James's reply on May
    8, 2016 and check if it resolves your concern.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

How to repair bootres.dll error code 0x57

1. How to repair bootres.dll error code 0x57 - Similar Threads - repair bootres dll

2. msls31.dll and error code 0xc000012f.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msls31.dll and error code 0xc000012f.: I have a problem with starting a program and getting a message msls31.dll and error code 0xc000012f. I have run sfc /scannow and get the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them For online repairs , details are included in...
  3. msls31.dll and error code 0xc000012f.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    msls31.dll and error code 0xc000012f.: I have a problem wit getting a program and getting a message msls31.dll and error code 0xc000012f. I have run sfc /scannow and get the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them For online repairs , details are included in the...
  4. Windows 10 - Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57: Hi. I have a MSI laptop with factory install windows 10. A few days ago I used the windows restore point function to go back vefore some apps updates on my windows and aftar that, my windows doesn't start at all. None of the repair options from windows doesn.t work startup...
  5. Windows 10 - Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

Windows 10 - Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57: Hi. I have a MSI laptop with factory install windows 10. A few days ago I used the windows restore point function to go back vefore some apps updates on my windows and aftar that, my windows doesn't start at all. None of the repair options from windows doesn.t work startup...
  6. Windows 10 - Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

7. System does not start. Startup repair is unable to fix error. 0x32 and 0x57 error codes on...

System does not start. Startup repair is unable to fix error. 0x32 and 0x57 error codes on...: Good day all.My computer was working as normal but a BSOD appeared. I didn't see the screen error because I was not close enough of the screen. When system restarted it showed black start screen with rolling dots as always, but it restarted again. At second re-start it...
  8. System does not start. Startup repair is unable to fix error. 0x32 and 0x57 error codes on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System does not start. Startup repair is unable to fix error. 0x32 and 0x57 error codes on...: Good day all.My computer was working as normal but a BSOD appeared. I didn't see the screen error because I was not close enough of the screen. When system restarted it showed black start screen with rolling dots as always, but it restarted again. At second re-start it...
  9. System does not start. Startup repair is unable to fix error. 0x32 and 0x57 error codes on...

10. Error Code Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Code Repair: While downloading Windows 10 Error Code 0x8007000E - 0xB0003!, request a few suggestions on correcting the error. Please & Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-repair/0626b451-de4c-4b89-8bde-3d5ae8c4271c
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootres.dll corrupt 0x57

2. bootres.dll 0x57

3. bootres.dll is corrupt error 0x57

4. error code 0x57 windows 10,
  5. windows 10 boot log error code 0x57,
  6. bootres.dll code 0x57,
  7. 0x57 error,
  8. error code 0x57,
  9. panther/rollback/boot/resources/bootres.dll,
  10. bootres.dll 0x57 error,