Windows 10: How to repair Error Code: 0x0000098/Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update

Discus and support How to repair Error Code: 0x0000098/Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After the latest Windows Update my computer has literally died. I have tried literally everything, but it just wont boot up, restore,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gpmh1, Oct 19, 2020.

1. gpmh1 Win User

How to repair Error Code: 0x0000098/Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update

Hi,

After the latest Windows Update my computer has literally died. I have tried literally everything, but it just wont boot up, restore, reset...nothing!! I have even attempted a new Windows install using a USB stick....and it failed half way through the install. I have received several error codes including 0x0000185, 0x0000001 and 0x0000098 in that order after each attempted repair.

I would appreciate some guidance or help please, thank you.

Product Description: Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR

BIOS Version: 5QCN24WW

CPU: AMD A10-9620P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G

:)

gpmh1, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Oct 19, 2020
  4. How to repair Error Code: 0x0000098/Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update

Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

How to repair Error Code: 0x0000098/Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update

1. How to repair Error Code: 0x0000098/Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - repair Error Code

2. Error code: 0x0000098

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 0x0000098: Hi! My friend's laptop crashed after an update i have no idea what update was that and now after turning on the computer, there is blue screen with info about error code: 0x0000098. I was asked for help, but after few hours of research I'm out of options. Laptop model: HP...
  3. Error code: 0x0000098

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 0x0000098: Hi! My friend's laptop crashed after an update i have no idea what update was that and now after turning on the computer, there is blue screen with info about error code: 0x0000098. I was asked for help, but after few hours of research I'm out of options. Laptop model: HP...
  4. "Blue screens of death" and freezing after latest update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Blue screens of death" and freezing after latest update.: Hi, I've had this PC for nearly two years now without any issues. I just installed the latest Microsoft updates a few days ago and ever since then, my PC has been experiencing several issues. The dreaded "blue screen of death." and periodic freezing. My PC occasionally...
  5. Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update...How to Repair????

Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update...How to Repair????: Hi, After the latest Windows Update my computer has literally died. I have tried literally everything, but it just wont boot up, restore, reset,rebuild bcd...nothing works!! I have even attempted a new Windows install using a USB stick....and it failed half way through the...
  6. How to repair Error Code: 0x0000098/Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to repair Error Code: 0x0000098/Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update: Hi, After the latest Windows Update my computer has literally died. I have tried literally everything, but it just wont boot up, restore, reset...nothing!! I have even attempted a new Windows install using a USB stick....and it failed half way through the install. I have...
  7. How to repair Error Code: 0x0000098/Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to repair Error Code: 0x0000098/Blue screen of death after latest Windows Update: Hi, After the latest Windows Update my computer has literally died. I have tried literally everything, but it just wont boot up, restore, reset...nothing!! I have even attempted a new Windows install using a USB stick....and it failed half way through the install. I have...
  8. Error Code 0x0000098 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Code 0x0000098 Windows 10: Hi everybody, I am new to this community. I really can use some help now. I have a Lenovo Ideapad Slim 1-14AST-05 laptop, i was doing some updates Windows updates and drivers and i wanted to restarted it to finish the Windows updates and then i get the error messages...
  9. Blue Screen of Death error code

Blue Screen of Death error code: My computer is in a loop of the blue screen of death. The error code im given is kmode_exeption_not_handled After a few times of the pc looping itself, it beings me to recovery. Jow do i fix this issue?...
  10. Blue screen of death after latest windows update

Blue screen of death after latest windows update: So computer got updated over night two days ago, woke up to a blue screen of death with clock_watchdog_timeout, rebooted but same thing again. Managed to get into safe mode, checked the memory tool etc with no issues and also did a stress test of the cpu with no issue....
Tags: