Windows 10: How to repair Indows 10 under the following condtions Help !!!

Discus and support How to repair Indows 10 under the following condtions Help !!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The computer is an ancient Athlon II 64bit Gateway with Windows 10 Home version 1909. * CMOS No UEFI * The Windows system files were checked with sfc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Dec 8, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

How to repair Indows 10 under the following condtions Help !!!

The computer is an ancient Athlon II 64bit Gateway with Windows 10 Home version 1909.

* CMOS No UEFI
    * The Windows system files were checked with sfc /scannow and repaired with DISM.
    * Rebooted to make sure everything was OK.
    * Then ran chkdsk C:\ /f/v, which on reboot checked and passed stages 1 and 2.
    * On subsequent boot, it failed and put me into recovery mode with the error code NTSF error.
    * Repaired the NTSF error with Macrium Live boot tools, (there is no Macrium backup). Then checked Macrium's repair with Linux fsck and everything is OK.
    * Still boots into the Recovery panel where <Enter> or <F8> don't work.
    * The error code changed to 0xc00000e.
    * All my ISO's are UEFI boot.
    * How can I get a CMOS bootable Windows 10 to repair this desktop?

:)

ineuw, Dec 8, 2020

2. HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 8, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 8, 2020
  4. How to repair Indows 10 under the following condtions Help !!!

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

How to repair Indows 10 under the following condtions Help !!!

1. How to repair Indows 10 under the following condtions Help !!! - Similar Threads - repair Indows under

2. indows system, 0x80070424 and windows defender missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    indows system, 0x80070424 and windows defender missing: Hi,I recently got .nnqp virus on my win10 laptop so I reinstaled win, a clean reinstal.The problem is that now I cant update my device0x80070424, Windows defender is not existent and havesome services missing. Please helpHere the device specs.Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-4600M...
  3. How to repair Windows 10 under the following conditions Help !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to repair Windows 10 under the following conditions Help !!!: The computer is an ancient Athlon II 64bit Gateway with Windows 10 Home version 1909. * CMOS No UEFI * The Windows system files were checked with sfc /scannow and repaired with DISM. * Rebooted to make sure everything was OK. * Then ran chkdsk C:\ /f/v, which on reboot...
  4. Access denied pls help, following a video about ‘automatic repair loop’ problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access denied pls help, following a video about ‘automatic repair loop’ problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_snapdowncity [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhbkuw/access_denied_pls_help_following_a_video_about/
  5. Windows 10 startup repair followed by black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 startup repair followed by black screen: Hi, When i boot my HP laptop running on Windows 10, windows tries to launch startup repair and then proceeds to just display a blank black screen no cursor. I have tried the following: - Force reboot the laptop until it goes into ASO mode. This does not work, i hold the...
  6. Unwanted changes caued by last indows 10 update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unwanted changes caued by last indows 10 update: Hello Guys, What are you doing to me? Since the last update I have found that the following changes were made. I find this annoying because I use these features frequently and I ask that you restore them. If you are not able to do please advise how I can go back...
  7. w indows 10 PRO 64 bit 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w indows 10 PRO 64 bit 1903: limit for my computer W10 pro 64bit English ver s ion 1809 I am at version 1903 email changed not working How to go back to1809 HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w-indows-10-pro-64-bit-1903/90b3714f-3cb7-42e3-a217-06c87c885ac9
  8. Windows 10 - BSOD followed by Recovery Mode Automatic Repair fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 - BSOD followed by Recovery Mode Automatic Repair fails: Hi, similar problem to Windows can not start after update, here is SrtTrail.txt Solved - Windows 10 Forums I've tried running sfc /scannow with the sfc /scannow /offbootdir=E:\ /offwindir=E:\Windows command (The SSD my win10 is installed on shows up as E: in diskpart volume...
  9. Need help repairing Windows 10

Need help repairing Windows 10: Ever since I upgraded my computer (Samsung SF310 laptop with Intel Core I5 processor and 4 GB RAM, originally came with Windows 7 Home) to Windows 10 something went wrong, seems like something is corrupted. Tried to run sfc / scannow, after 19% the message was: "Windows...
  10. Problem to install W#indows 10 with error 80240020

Problem to install W#indows 10 with error 80240020: Download of the installer fails 3 times with error 80240020 on Windows Update System on Pc is Windows 7 Starter with update SP1 .Enough Ram 2G Please advise SO SORRY SAW T5HE ANSWER AFTER SENDING. 10704