Windows 10: How to repair the bootloader

Discus and support How to repair the bootloader in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After running dual booting Pop!OS, I decide that it wasn't for me. I removed the partitions that it was installed on (windows is still there), and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/knuckledragger242, May 28, 2020.

1. How to repair the bootloader

After running dual booting Pop!OS, I decide that it wasn't for me. I removed the partitions that it was installed on (windows is still there), and after rebooting, it's stuck in grub rescue.

I used my windows USB to try automatic repair, nothing. In cmd I ran bootrec /rebuildbcd and it found my installation, but when I try to add to the bootlist, I get "the requested system device cannot be found"

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/knuckledragger242
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/knuckledragger242, May 28, 2020

2. How to make Windows 10 bootloader As default bootloader

If you're using UEFI, you might have to use that to edit.
    Modified from here:
    How to set Windows bootloader as default bootloader?
    To repair your Windows bootloader, if you have a Windows CD

1. Boot from CD
    2. From title screen, open terminal (the button is usually in bottom left corner)
    3. Execute bootrec /fixmbr

If this doesn't give desired results, try bootrec /fixboot

Allan Smithee, May 28, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 28, 2020
  4. How to repair the bootloader

Windows bsod boot loop

Ok well im sort of making progress I can get it to boot up system repair in legacy+ueif where I couldn't before but it still crashes. I am able to get system repair working but I am back at square one. I tried the things u suggested in command prompt and they all came back with completed successfully. I have not tried to repair the EFI Bootloader in Windows 10 suggestion but thats my next step.

Scotty1105, May 28, 2020
Thema:

How to repair the bootloader

1. How to repair the bootloader - Similar Threads - repair bootloader

2. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...
  3. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...
  4. How to fix Starup repair couldn’t repair your Pc C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Starup repair couldn’t repair your Pc C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt: I don’t understand why this is happening and you did work last time but now it won’t work anymore and anytime I go to command prompt. It’s an X instead of a C: <— which is my drive...
  5. How to fix Starup repair couldn’t repair your Pc C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

How to fix Starup repair couldn’t repair your Pc C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt: I don’t understand why this is happening and you did work last time but now it won’t work anymore and anytime I go to command prompt. It’s an X instead of a C: <— which is my drive...
  6. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition: I had my system set up with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided to only use Windows on this PC and deleted the Ubuntu partition, thinking I could just boot up Windows afterwards...There are many tutorials out there that I tried, but nothing helped. I KNOW that a clean...
  7. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition: I had my system set up with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided to only use Windows on this PC and deleted the Ubuntu partition, thinking I could just boot up Windows afterwards...There are many tutorials out there that I tried, but nothing helped. I KNOW that a clean...
  8. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. bootloader repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootloader repair: i have problem with windows bootloader since i installed it on external linux drive. I want to run the startup repair tool, but I need to sign in to my Microsoft account to proceed. when he enters his password, he tells me that it is incorrect, and it is correct because I can...
  10. How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you recently moved from BIOS to UEFI and you cannot boot your computer since then, here is how you can repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10. It is pretty easy to repair the EFI bootloader using bcdboot command, and this article shows how you can use the...