Windows 10: How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you recently moved from BIOS to UEFI and you cannot boot your computer since then, here is how you can repair the EFI bootloader in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 25, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10

How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10 repair-efi-bootloader-1.png
    If you recently moved from BIOS to UEFI and you cannot boot your computer since then, here is how you can repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10. It is pretty easy to repair the EFI bootloader using bcdboot command, and this article shows how you can use the command to get the job done. […]

This article How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Nov 25, 2021
  2. br4to92 Win User

Disable EFI bootloader Windows 10

Hello and thank you for your answer. I disabled the Hibernation as you said (now i don't have the 'Turn on fast startup (Recommended)' inside Power Options), but after a restart, nothing changes, still boots into Windows 10. From what i've read i think the EFI detects another bootloader at startup and deletes it (Linux's grub2), because normally, after Ubuntu's installation it should boot directly into grub2 bootloader (i attached a picture). I'm using EasyBCD usually to repair the Windows Metro bootloader (picture attached - it should look just like the screenshot) to chose from it which OS i want to use.

How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10 [​IMG]

br4to92, Nov 25, 2021
  3. br4to92 Win User
    Disable EFI bootloader Windows 10

I managed to solve the problem on askUbuntu forum. Basically, the Acer systems requires some additional steps inside BIOS (to mark "trust" the Ubuntu's EFI files and set them as 1st option as boot option), for enabling Ubuntu's Grub2 bootloader to start before Windows 10. Now everything works. I don't have to use EasyBCD inside Windows 10. Have a great weekend everyone!

br4to92, Nov 25, 2021
  4. How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10

1. How to repair the EFI bootloader in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - repair EFI bootloader

2. bootloader repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootloader repair: i have problem with windows bootloader since i installed it on external linux drive. I want to run the startup repair tool, but I need to sign in to my Microsoft account to proceed. when he enters his password, he tells me that it is incorrect, and it is correct because I can...
  3. How do I rebuild the EFI folder for Windows Boot Manager aka the EFI bootloader?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rebuild the EFI folder for Windows Boot Manager aka the EFI bootloader?: I have messed around with my PC and have accidentally deleted the EFI folder for Windows and now I'm unable to boot to Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-rebuild-the-efi-folder-for-windows-boot/394a9535-98a6-4056-a71a-d1c595141fc4
  4. How do I rebuild the EFI folder for Windows Boot Manager aka the EFI bootloader?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I rebuild the EFI folder for Windows Boot Manager aka the EFI bootloader?: I have messed around with my PC and have accidentally deleted the EFI folder for Windows and now I'm unable to boot to Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-rebuild-the-efi-folder-for-windows-boot/394a9535-98a6-4056-a71a-d1c595141fc4
  5. What Is EFI? How to identify EFI System Partitions on Windows 11/10?

in Windows 10 News
    What Is EFI? How to identify EFI System Partitions on Windows 11/10?: [ATTACH]If you have ever heard about EFI or seen an EFI System Partition (ESP) in Windows and wonder what it is, then this post will help you understand. We will talk about EFI, how you can identify the EFI partitions, what it contains, and if you can delete it. What is EFI...
  6. I deleted my EFI partition where was the bootloader for Windows

I deleted my EFI partition where was the bootloader for Windows: I was installing Artix Linux and mounted Windows boot partition. By mistake, I run "rm /mnt -rf" /mnt is where I mounted the EFI partition. How can I add a boot entry for Windows?...
  7. Deleting Debian bootloader from Windows 10 EFI partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting Debian bootloader from Windows 10 EFI partition: Yes there is a way to restore EFI partition, but it is risky and not 100% it will always work... I installed debian as dual boot with Windows 10. I was assured on their forums, it won't put grub to Windows 10 efi partition and i created its efi partition for it on second...
  8. How to repair the bootloader

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to repair the bootloader: After running dual booting Pop!OS, I decide that it wasn't for me. I removed the partitions that it was installed on (windows is still there), and after rebooting, it's stuck in grub rescue. I used my windows USB to try automatic repair, nothing. In cmd I ran bootrec...
  9. How to reinstall the Windows 10 bootloader?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reinstall the Windows 10 bootloader?: I messed up and apparently my Windows 10 bootloader has been deleted. Any way to reinstall it? Start up repair and bootrec commands didn't do anything, I tried. I just want to reinstall the bootloader without having to tamper with my Windows installation. 131287
  10. Disable EFI bootloader Windows 10

Disable EFI bootloader Windows 10: Hello guys, i have a problem regarding dual-booting Windows 10 along Ubuntu. After installing Windows 10 and Ubuntu after it, i'm no longer able to boot into Ubuntu, it starst directly into Windows 10. In Windows 8.1, i could chose at startup which OS to run (using Linux's...