Windows 10: How to repair the New Folder thing to work. When I try to open New Folder nothing happens....

Discus and support How to repair the New Folder thing to work. When I try to open New Folder nothing happens.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1When trying to create a new folder nothing happens, no error message, nothing. Help! George... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeFinholt, Oct 29, 2019.

1. How to repair the New Folder thing to work. When I try to open New Folder nothing happens....

1When trying to create a new folder nothing happens, no error message, nothing. Help!

George

:)

GeorgeFinholt, Oct 29, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

How to repair the New Folder thing to work. When I try to open New Folder nothing happens....

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

When I choose Apply to folders the current folder options is applied to new folders as well. So I don't know what you're talking about really. And I just tried it out, it works.

Frick, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

How to repair the New Folder thing to work. When I try to open New Folder nothing happens....

1. How to repair the New Folder thing to work. When I try to open New Folder nothing happens.... - Similar Threads - repair Folder thing

2. I am trying to add a new folder to my yahoo email stack. I press New Folder but when I try...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to add a new folder to my yahoo email stack. I press New Folder but when I try...: I am trying to add a new folder to my yahoo email stack. I press New Folder but when I try to name it, it automatically puts in my yahoo address and password How can I fix this please. It's never happened before. Thanks...
  3. Whenever I try to open a folder its opening in a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to open a folder its opening in a new window: As mentioned whenever I try opening a folder in file explorer it opens in another new window I haven't changed any settings just that I earlier had installed qtTabBar but I have uninstalled it already How can I resolve this?Here is my Windows version detailsEdition Windows 11...
  4. Whenever I try to open a folder its opening in a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I try to open a folder its opening in a new window: As mentioned whenever I try opening a folder in file explorer it opens in another new window I haven't changed any settings just that I earlier had installed qtTabBar but I have uninstalled it already How can I resolve this?Here is my Windows version detailsEdition Windows 11...
  5. New folder not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    New folder not working: I am so scared that the new folder is not working, the problem i have did is that i have opened dropbox and I have set upped it and I stopped it at middle, and full desktop is in control of dropbox, after few when i was removing unnecessary waste, I deleted the folder...
  6. Weirdest thing happened when I opened the new Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weirdest thing happened when I opened the new Edge.: [IMG] A few hours ago I accidentally clicked the new Microsoft Edge icon when I meant to click the one next to it. When it opened, my screen became like this:...
  7. Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them: I have exactly the same very annoying problem as: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-open-in-new-windows-randomly-when-i-try-to/8d648a35-f36e-4af7-b4f2-b2bb66691839 What I've tried, but it did not help: 0. "folder options" setting set to "Open...
  8. cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens

cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens: cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders/df7b0989-5d1e-436c-925e-4ad4ea4ad5f9"
  9. Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them

Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them: When I double click on folders to open them in 50% of times folder opens in new window. [ATTACH] I think this is nothing related to my "folder options" setting. [ATTACH] I'm on Windows 10 1809 17763.475...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...