Windows 10: How to repair windows10 system disk when MS tools fail

Discus and support How to repair windows10 system disk when MS tools fail in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have observed a number of situations where windows10 system crashed. After trying the common MS tools (e.g. sfc, dism, windows repair from windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by plaurits, May 4, 2021.

1. plaurits Win User

How to repair windows10 system disk when MS tools fail

Hi I have observed a number of situations where windows10 system crashed. After trying the common MS tools (e.g. sfc, dism, windows repair from windows installation usb) system can still not boot. Any suggestions for tools to use in this situation before giving up and reinstalling windows? Br Peter Lauritzen Seodenmark.com

:)

plaurits, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Presumably this:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=30135

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-c34a2f4b612a

- but we have no details as to how or why the download fails.

If this is because of an erratic connection, using a tool such as Free Download Manager can help.

Google -> e.g.
    Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool 4.8.4072.0
    - which ends up downloading from MS...

... note the suggestion here:

How to repair windows10 system disk when MS tools fail [​IMG]

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  3. plaurits Win User

Hi
    Thanks for replies.
    I will check your comments with the customer windows10 20h2 PC, which I will try to repair after it crashed yesterday and windows repair failed. Screenshot below.
    How to repair windows10 system disk when MS tools fail [​IMG]

What this says is:
    automatic repair failed, restart or use advanced options.
    however even after trying advanced options PC does not recover
    I will of course try to avoid reinstall.

br Peter

plaurits, May 4, 2021
  4. plaurits Win User

Hi
    I have observed a number of situations where windows10 system crashed.
    After trying the common MS tools (e.g. sfc, dism, windows repair from windows installation usb) system can still not boot.
    Any suggestions for tools to use in this situation before giving up and reinstalling windows?
    Br Peter Lauritzen
    Seodenmark.com

plaurits, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. How to repair windows10 system disk when MS tools fail - Similar Threads - repair windows10 system

2. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  3. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  4. use of a System Repair Disk

use of a System Repair Disk: Good morning.quick question: is a system repair disk usable by more than one system. I have 4 different PCs for family members and every couple months I run backups on all of them. In the past, I have created a system repair disk for each of them. Do I need to do that? All of...
  5. System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Repair Disk: I couldn't find any information in support about my question. Which is: Do we need to create a new "System Repair Disk" for "System Backup" each time we update the new version of our Windows 10?...
  6. system repair disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system repair disk: I was told that I can use a USB drive to create system repair drive but the only option is to use DVD/CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c4bc3e8d-81e1-4756-9ac6-6ca0ae08e632
  7. List Of MS Published Repair Tools

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    List Of MS Published Repair Tools: From time to time I have experienced various problems with my Windows 10 system. Searching online I discovered various MS published tools to resolve these problems. (Examples would be the SoftwareRepair Tool & WindowsUpdate.) Does a document exist which lists all the...
  8. System Image & System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & System Repair Disk: My company jettisoned our IT Department and contracted for IT services with an outside firm. Field personnel provided with laptop or desktop (or both) are now required to perform a System Image once per week and, in addition, to create a System Repair CD/DVD each week as part...
  9. System Image & Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & Repair Disk: Hello all, When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB external drive. So I took his recommendation and bought one of those USB types. As I pulled up the application to perform this...
  10. Best Disk Repair tool? (not chkdsk)

Best Disk Repair tool? (not chkdsk): I've not needed a disk repair tool in a long time. However, I now have a 3TB drive that's failing on me. It works for a while and then stops being recognized. I've tried disk imaging it with Macrium, but it fails partway through with disk read errors. I used to use...