Windows 10: How to replace Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar 2020

Discus and support How to replace Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar 2020 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I actually followed steps one through five from another post I came across in the Microsoft Community and when I got to step five I was brought to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by just another PC User, Jan 1, 2020.

1. How to replace Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar 2020

I actually followed steps one through five from another post I came across in the Microsoft Community and when I got to step five I was brought to a halt. I'm actually unable to "Set as default" or "Remove". It's as is the setting is locked. I want to change it to Google, but the setting is locked. will somebody help me out. I'm posting pictures with this post. How to replace Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar 2020 921089d4-9a9a-4136-b848-a921ba83858a?upload=true.png How to replace Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar 2020 95497287-95b6-4246-b5a1-f8b078c50304?upload=true.png

:)

just another PC User, Jan 1, 2020

2. How to replace Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar

I continue to change the default setting once the search icon in the Windows 10 taskbar starts. Settings accept Google but Bing keeps popping up....usually in a corrupted code list having nothing whatever to do with the selected topic. Any help here?

Thank you!

Dr. Quinn Medicine Man, Jan 1, 2020
  3. KPottr Win User
    How to replace Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar

Likhitha,

Please read and understand the question fully before responding. You answered how to change the search engine used within Edge which was not the question.

The question asked how to change the search engine on the Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar.
    This is the "address" toolbar on the taskbar on the bottom (typically) of the desktop screen.

KPottr, Jan 1, 2020
  4. How to replace Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar 2020

Can't replace Bing as default search provider in Edge/Win10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your queries in Windows 10.

I completely understand your concern.

I suggest you to follow these steps and check if that helps.

• Click (…)

• Select settings

• Under settings

• Advance settings

• Turn on home page and add the site of your choice as home page.

• Click on save button.
    You will also find an option to turn off searching with Bing here.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

How to replace Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar 2020

1. How to replace Bing in Windows 10 search on the taskbar 2020 - Similar Threads - replace Bing search

2. How to hide "try new bing" in the search box in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide "try new bing" in the search box in taskbar: In the search box in taskbar, there is a window like this:---------------------------------------------------------suggestions X "bing logo" AI supported helper Say goodbye to infinite search results! --------------- Try new bing ---------------...
  3. How to hide "try new bing" in the search box in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide "try new bing" in the search box in taskbar: In the search box in taskbar, there is a window like this:---------------------------------------------------------suggestions X "bing logo" AI supported helper Say goodbye to infinite search results! --------------- Try new bing ---------------...
  4. How to hide "try new bing" in the search box in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to remove bing search taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove bing search taskbar: I did not ask for Bing search box in my taskbar and don't need or want it. How to I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-bing-search-taskbar/4cb4d122-5825-4bac-aac8-a6a0b735168a
  6. how to remove bing search taskbar

how to remove bing search taskbar: I did not ask for Bing search box in my taskbar and don't need or want it. How to I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-bing-search-taskbar/4cb4d122-5825-4bac-aac8-a6a0b735168a
  7. how to remove bing search taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window: How do I stop the taskbar search from opening a Bing window? I don't need that to happen for things like "settings", "apps", etc. on my computer. It wasn't doing this yesterday, just started today. Some recent configuration change, new app with an extension, or ? Chrome is my...
  9. How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window

How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window: How do I stop the taskbar search from opening a Bing window? I don't need that to happen for things like "settings", "apps", etc. on my computer. It wasn't doing this yesterday, just started today. Some recent configuration change, new app with an extension, or ? Chrome is my...
  10. How do you disable Bing from the taskbar search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable Bing from the taskbar search?: I had this disabled previously through an old registry edit I had found, but with the Cortana change in 2004, typing in the search bar brings up Bing search results again. I was going to post this in the weekly question thread, but there isn't one for some reason. submitted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replace bing taskbar

2. can a search engine be pinned to a task bar?