Windows 10: How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10

Discus and support How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Notepad is the default text editor found in Windows computers. Every .txt file is configured to open directly in the Notepad. It has paved the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 24, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10

How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10 open-text-files-with-notepad.png
    Notepad is the default text editor found in Windows computers. Every .txt file is configured to open directly in the Notepad. It has paved the way for text editors over quite some time now, in which period we have seen some very promising competitors of Notepad. One of these is Notepad++. It is a free, […]

This article How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 24, 2021

2. Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad

I don't find anything from Dark Notepad authors on how to set it as Default. So I would contact them through the link which appear at the bottom of their Download page in MS Store app, which every app maker must provide to support their app. Let them know
    you're airing this in Microsoft Community forums where we are waiting to hear how they suggest to do this.

There is another Notepad++ app here that gives some steps which it provides to replace the default in it's Settings:

https://www.trishtech.com/2017/04/how-to-replac...

If your Dark Notepad app doesn't have similar then toward the end of that tutorial there is a registry edit to replace the Notepad default you can try.

Make sure to set a System Restore point first so you can go back if necessary:
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-10-ena...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Asylum Win User
    Notepad Question

Yea i picked that up last night.

Works much better than regular notepad.

Asylum, Jul 24, 2021
  4. FredFish Win User

Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad

Yesterday I downloaded Dark Notepad from the Microsoft Store. It is a dark mode version of regular notepad. The problem is I assumed that when I installed Dark Notepad it would replace Notepad....NOT. I now have both notepads and a big problem. I opened
    Dark Notepad and created and saved a batch file. When I opened the batch file to edit it Notepad opened the file, not Dark Notepad which defeats the purpose of having it.

It seems when you create a file in dark notepad there is no way to open that file again in dark notepad. The Dark Notepad version is 1.0.8.0. This was not written by Microsoft but by a third party but since it was in the Microsoft store it would "play
    well" with Windows 10.

I have Windows Pro 1909 OS Build 18363.592.

I am unable to find out how to remove Classic Notepad and replace it with Dark Notepad which may not even be possible which would make Dark Notepad useless.

FredFish, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

1. How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - replace Notepad Notepad++

2. notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery: I accidentally hit "X" on the tab of one of my important notepads, I'm using Windows 11 and just the regular notepad, not the notepad++. Unfortunately, they are not saved. Already tried the control panel way and the appdata, but both didn't work. I need help, please....
  3. notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery: I accidentally hit "X" on the tab of one of my important notepads, I'm using Windows 11 and just the regular notepad, not the notepad++. Unfortunately, they are not saved. Already tried the control panel way and the appdata, but both didn't work. I need help, please....
  4. How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bad I was able to add files to it by right mouse button but not after last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  5. Notepad vs Notepads

Notepad vs Notepads: Earlier I have mention about Notepads, instead of Notepad. I want to show you a difference I have just discovered between them... and more reason to prefer Notepads over Notepad. Look at the emojisAlso, notice Notepads has tabs, ergo, can do more than one note in the same...
  6. Notepad replaced by WordPad

Notepad replaced by WordPad: Hello, I formatted my windows and after that i got wordpad the default program for .txt files. How I can get back the default Notepad? I searched about it in the windows but seems it's not installed. Appreciete your help....
  7. How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you need to search for and replace a word or phrase in Notepad, then you can use this step by step guide to find […] This article How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Replace Notepad in Windows 10 1909 with Dark Notepad: Yesterday I downloaded Dark Notepad from the Microsoft Store. It is a dark mode version of regular notepad. The problem is I assumed that when I installed Dark Notepad it would replace Notepad....NOT. I now have both notepads and a big problem. I opened Dark Notepad and...
  9. how to replace notepad

how to replace notepad: my info on notepad got erased https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-to-replace-notepad/7f6fba0e-1332-4500-89a6-667296e7fd58
  10. Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10: How to: Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10 How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents. You can search to find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 notepad