Windows 10: how to replace notepad

Discus and support how to replace notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my info on notepad got erased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by devorahgrunwald, Aug 5, 2018.

1. how to replace notepad

my info on notepad got erased

:)

devorahgrunwald, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Bree, Aug 5, 2018
  3. john barr Win User
    Notepad consuming cpu 40%

i dont know what the problem is , looks like i need to format C

john barr, Aug 5, 2018
  4. how to replace notepad

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

how to replace notepad

1. how to replace notepad - Similar Threads - replace notepad

2. notepad no longer has a replaces all feature, only replace one value at a time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad no longer has a replaces all feature, only replace one value at a time: In the new version of Windows notepad.exe, CTRL+H no longer has a Replace All feature, only a Replace single value at a time.If the file has a lot of replacements to make, this makes it unfeasible to use the new version of Windows notepad.exe....
  3. notepad no longer has a replaces all feature, only replace one value at a time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad no longer has a replaces all feature, only replace one value at a time: In the new version of Windows notepad.exe, CTRL+H no longer has a Replace All feature, only a Replace single value at a time.If the file has a lot of replacements to make, this makes it unfeasible to use the new version of Windows notepad.exe....
  4. Why can't I replace a full paragraph with notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I replace a full paragraph with notepad: SO I'm trying to edit a saved game file in notepad to add some text to it. However, only the first line of the text I want to replace goes in the search bar. The text I want to replace it with doesn't fully go in the replace line either. for some reason. In the both search...
  5. Why can't I replace a full paragraph with notepad

Why can't I replace a full paragraph with notepad: SO I'm trying to edit a saved game file in notepad to add some text to it. However, only the first line of the text I want to replace goes in the search bar. The text I want to replace it with doesn't fully go in the replace line either. for some reason. In the both search...
  6. Windows 11 Notepad App Find or Replace dialogue no longer moveable

Windows 11 Notepad App Find or Replace dialogue no longer moveable: The pop-up dialogue for Find and Find & Replace under Windows 10 was an independent window with a header bar that could be clicked on and moved around over the text file contents to see what was beneath it.Now, under Windows 11, it does not have a header and cannot be...
  7. Windows 11 Notepad App Find or Replace dialogue no longer moveable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Notepad App Find or Replace dialogue no longer moveable: The pop-up dialogue for Find and Find & Replace under Windows 10 was an independent window with a header bar that could be clicked on and moved around over the text file contents to see what was beneath it.Now, under Windows 11, it does not have a header and cannot be...
  8. After doing a search and replace, characters no longer visible in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After doing a search and replace, characters no longer visible in Notepad: The subject line says it all. After doing a search and replace in Notepad, this was all that remains visible:The starts of the lines go missing. There is no way to make them visible again. I can go to the end of a line and hit the right cursor button, but the start of the...
  9. After doing a search and replace, characters no longer visible in Notepad

After doing a search and replace, characters no longer visible in Notepad: The subject line says it all. After doing a search and replace in Notepad, this was all that remains visible:The starts of the lines go missing. There is no way to make them visible again. I can go to the end of a line and hit the right cursor button, but the start of the...
  10. After Replace All Notepad Losing Formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Replace All Notepad Losing Formatting: Since Windows 11 upgrade; whenever I use Replace All in Notepad, the text files which I created in Windows 10 lose formatting. Some of the charecters are deleted, some of the lines get out of order, etc.Can anyone help please?...