Windows 10: How to replace Spanish by English in Windows 10 Home for Spanish only

Discus and support How to replace Spanish by English in Windows 10 Home for Spanish only in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just install Windows 10 Home for Spanish only with real product key. I just find out there is not any other language in this package..... I look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by w91803, Sep 23, 2020.

1. w91803 Win User

How to replace Spanish by English in Windows 10 Home for Spanish only

I just install Windows 10 Home for Spanish only with real product key. I just find out there is not any other language in this package.....

I look at Microsoft site, there is not any Window 10 Home full version that I may download. I am a deaf person, I am not able to use any phone call from their support dept.

Please let me know how to get English version of Windows 10 Home. Thank you for help....

:)

w91803, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 English updates to Spanish?

Hi Camelia.

You would lose all personal files, installed software and Windows settings.

A bit background: Windows locales (language and region) uses xx-YY syntax to tell the language and region (xx is language, YY the regional version of that language). Alternatively, hexadecimal xxxx:YYYYYYYY values can be used.

A screenshot from Default Input Profiles (Input Locales) in Windows showing these values for UK (GB) and US English. Yellow values show the base language, green values its regional version:

How to replace Spanish by English in Windows 10 Home for Spanish only [​IMG]

Keeping personal data, software and settings when upgrading Windows is only possible if the base language remains the same. Let's say for instance that you had your Windows installed in Mexican Spanish (es-MX or 080a:0000080a), but for some reason would upgrade using Spanish Spanish (es-ES or 0c0a:0000040a). In this case, you could keep personal data, software and settings.

As your Windows is in English, you can keep everything only when upgrading with any regional version of English. For instance, when used in upgrade, all these regional versions of English, among many others, would allow you to keep everything:
    • English - Canada (en-CA or 1009:00000409)
    • English - Caribbean (en-029 or (2409:00000409)
    • English - India (en-IN or 4009:00004009)
    • English - Ireland (en-IE or 1809:00001809)

When the base language remains the same, you get warned that display language will be changed:

(Click screenshots to enlarge them.)

In above screenshot, I have launched upgrade in my British English Windows 10, install media being US English. Same base language. Clicking OK followed by Refresh will then tell you that everything will be kept.

Short: in your case, because the base language would change from English to Spanish, you would lose absolutely everything. All not backed up personal files, all personalizations and settings, all installed software and applications.

A better option to change your system language, my recommendation, is to upgrade current English Windows 10 using English upgrade media, alternatively install a feature upgrade in Windows Update. When done, add Mexican Spanish language to your US English Windows (tutorial).

When the Mexican Spanish language pack has been installed, run Windows System Preparation Tool (sysprep.exe). It is located in C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep folder. Accept all defaults, click OK;

Sysprep will run, and restarts to Windows Welcome (OOBE):

You can now change the system language by selecting Spanish:

The system language will be changed, your user account, personal data, software and applications, settings and customizations will remain intact. When OOBE asks you to create initial user account, select Offline account:

Full OOBE will be run. As your original user account already exists, you cannot use it when creating the initial admin user. You must create a new, temporarily dummy user:

All done, everything intact, system language changed to Mexican Spanish:

Sign out from the dummy user account, sign in to your original user account, and delete the dummy user (tutorial).

That's it.

3. Windows xp in english to spanish

hello i need some adivice on this topic... i used to have mi os in spanish but a problem happened and i've formated my pc*Bang Head :banghead:... now when i've installed my Win XP cd and it's in english... i'don t know what's going on.... please help *Respect :respect:me! i need to install the os in spanish thanks!!!!!! (my XP cd is in english and I want to know if there is some way to install it without having to buy a new one *Big Grin How to replace Spanish by English in Windows 10 Home for Spanish only :D)

Trully thankfull, Ivo.

Tassadar_uy, Sep 23, 2020
  4. camelia Win User

Windows 10 English updates to Spanish?

Can I add an Spanish Language to my Windows 10 v2004 English version? *Confused

How to?

Thanks

camelia, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. How to replace Spanish by English in Windows 10 Home for Spanish only - Similar Threads - replace Spanish English

2. upgrading from windows home in Spanish to windows pro in English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrading from windows home in Spanish to windows pro in English: thank you in advance for your help. i bought a dell notebook computer in costa rica. It came with windows home 10 in Spanish pre-installed with no option to switch to English. I want to upgrade to windows pro 11 but I want the upgrade to be in English. How do I do that?...
  3. Switch between English and Spanish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch between English and Spanish: I work at a Community College that is a Hispanic Serving Institution. As such I need to find a complete, easy, and secure method to switch the Windows Display Language, Keyboard, and Programs between English and Spanish. The keyboard language can be switched with Shift-Left...
  4. Switch between English and Spanish

Switch between English and Spanish: I work at a Community College that is a Hispanic Serving Institution. As such I need to find a complete, easy, and secure method to switch the Windows Display Language, Keyboard, and Programs between English and Spanish. The keyboard language can be switched with Shift-Left...
  5. English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard: I have been learning Spanish, so I installed the Spanish keyboard on my computer but quickly realized that it has the English dictionary and puts red lines under all of my words. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard

English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard: I have been learning Spanish, so I installed the Spanish keyboard on my computer but quickly realized that it has the English dictionary and puts red lines under all of my words. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Translator English-Spanish

Translator English-Spanish: I downloaded a free app from the Microsoft store called Translator English-Spanish. I have used it for a few years with no issues. Now all of a sudden when I try to use it, I get the message: An unexpected error has occurred. The app will open, I can type in my text but...
  8. Windows 10 English updates to Spanish?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 English updates to Spanish?: Hello, What happens if I have installed Win 10 v1903 x64 English version and I update to Win 10 v2004 x64 Spanish version? Thanks 163169
  9. spanish to english

in Windows 10 Customization
    spanish to english: just bopught a pc and its all in Spanish windows 10 how to change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spanish-to-english/d0f15356-260a-4758-8427-6b13f9d869e5
  10. Switching Between English and Spanish

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching Between English and Spanish: What is your best option in Windows 10 if you would like to be able to switch easily between English and Spanish? First of all, I am not a computer expert, but I can follow instructions. I have installed a Spanish language pack and have learned to switch back and forth...