Windows 10: How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version

Discus and support How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have acquired a used HP computer which has an unactivated version of Windows10PRO installed. I got it to replace a device that had Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RollaQuamen, May 15, 2019.

1. How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version

I have acquired a used HP computer which has an unactivated version of Windows10PRO installed. I got it to replace a device that had Windows 10 Home installed. I would like to replace the PRO version with the Home version on the new device. How can I do that??

:)

RollaQuamen, May 15, 2019

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hello Karthicka_R

thank you for your reply.

But as i wrote in my question: without any new installation.

• I have a valid installation of Windows 10home
    • I can upgrade this to Windows 10pro but i have to pay it, i don't want to pay anything, because
    • I have a valid Windows 8pro license key which i can upgrade to Windows 8.1pro and then to Windows 10pro, but i don't want install all new on my PC which is running Windows 10home.
    • I want to get a Windows 10pro product key for my Windows 8pro product key and enter them in my Windows 10home in the 'Change Product Key Dialog' to bring my Windows 10home to Windows 10pro without any new installation.
    • I can't believe that i can only upgrade my for an update to Windows 10pro valid product key only with a new installation.
    Thanks for any answers.

Kind regards

Andre

Andre Loehrer, May 15, 2019
  3. [Ion] Win User
    Which version of windows?

That's what I'd suggest. As long as you use a legit key (& no cracks) you can get the ISOs anywhere (MS, a friend, etc)

[Ion], May 15, 2019
  4. How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version

Differences among windows 10 versions

I've seen verities of versions have released by Microsoft for windows 10. And those versions have its own specifications. Such as 10EU, 10Pro, 10Home, and some have windows media player, and the others haven't, and some versions can't stop automatic updates. So
    that it is not easy choose better one. If there is a easy way to find differences, it'll be much better.

pasanpramodya, May 15, 2019
Thema:

How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version

1. How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version - Similar Threads - replace unactivated 10PRO

2. is using an unactivated win 10 version legal ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    is using an unactivated win 10 version legal ?: as the subject says, i really can't afford to buy a product key with 4000 egp :( and i don't want to use this win version if it's illegal :( plz help can i get a financial aid or something ? to buy it easily ?...
  3. windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10pro: i do not want windows 10pro but icannot work on my device without the activation of that windows and i do not know the product key so what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10pro/de3ad722-978d-4b97-9e90-177f7f452845
  4. does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version...

in Windows 10 Customization
    does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version...: does Dictate functionality does not work for unactivated windows even if the office version is genuine 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-dictate-functionality-does-not-work-for/460114f5-fa30-4a42-aa02-2f488416905a
  5. I have 10Pro on an old computer and want to move to as 10home computer

I have 10Pro on an old computer and want to move to as 10home computer: I have 10Pro on an old computer and want to move to as 10home computer How can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/c86c1a20-9017-440c-b5a1-eb132aeb3e5f"
  6. How to change windows version

How to change windows version: Hi, sorry for interrupting. I used the windows recovery button but it just reset the user information but not the windows version. Will the fresh start button provide the reinstalling setup? Or i just have to use the windows creation media to reinstall and overwrite the...
  7. How to change windows version

How to change windows version: Hi all, i just installed windows with media creation kits. But after a few hours i realise i have installed the wrong version of windows ( i’m suppose to install the singer language version but i install the home version) is there any solution other than reformatting the pc?...
  8. how to update windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version

how to update windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version: how can I update my version 1709 windows 10 to the latest version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-update-windows-10-version-1709-to-the/f8323ad5-ece4-4f74-b8fd-d690fc206a2b
  9. How to upgrade windows version 1511 to version 1607

How to upgrade windows version 1511 to version 1607: Right now I'm using windows 10 version 1511 , then I have to install windows update KB3199986 , the bad thing is that I have to upgrade my windows version to 1607 enable to have to install KB3199986? How can I upgrade my windows 10 version 1511 to 1607?? or can I install...
  10. Windows 10Home - Windows 10Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10Home - Windows 10Enterprise: Hi can I switch from windows 10 home to enterprise for free? I have Windows 10 installed 42024