Windows 10: How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version

Discus and support How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have acquired a used HP computer which has an unactivated version of Windows10PRO installed. I got it to replace a device that had Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RollaQuamen, May 15, 2019.

1. How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version

I have acquired a used HP computer which has an unactivated version of Windows10PRO installed. I got it to replace a device that had Windows 10 Home installed. I would like to replace the PRO version with the Home version on the new device. How can I do that??

:)

RollaQuamen, May 15, 2019

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hello Karthicka_R

thank you for your reply.

But as i wrote in my question: without any new installation.

• I have a valid installation of Windows 10home
    • I can upgrade this to Windows 10pro but i have to pay it, i don't want to pay anything, because
    • I have a valid Windows 8pro license key which i can upgrade to Windows 8.1pro and then to Windows 10pro, but i don't want install all new on my PC which is running Windows 10home.
    • I want to get a Windows 10pro product key for my Windows 8pro product key and enter them in my Windows 10home in the 'Change Product Key Dialog' to bring my Windows 10home to Windows 10pro without any new installation.
    • I can't believe that i can only upgrade my for an update to Windows 10pro valid product key only with a new installation.
    Thanks for any answers.

Kind regards

Andre

Andre Loehrer, May 15, 2019
  3. [Ion] Win User
    Which version of windows?

That's what I'd suggest. As long as you use a legit key (& no cracks) you can get the ISOs anywhere (MS, a friend, etc)

[Ion], May 15, 2019
  4. How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version

Differences among windows 10 versions

I've seen verities of versions have released by Microsoft for windows 10. And those versions have its own specifications. Such as 10EU, 10Pro, 10Home, and some have windows media player, and the others haven't, and some versions can't stop automatic updates. So
    that it is not easy choose better one. If there is a easy way to find differences, it'll be much better.

pasanpramodya, May 15, 2019
Thema:

How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version

1. How to replace the unactivated Windows 10PRO version with the Windows 10Home version - Similar Threads - replace unactivated 10PRO

2. how to replace windows 10 version or windows11 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to replace windows 10 version or windows11 ?: I am already having windows 8.1 license version, previously i also upgraded my windows 10 version in your free upgrade offer, but i removed my upgrade and returned to windows 8.1 version. But now updates for 8.1 stopped from your side .also number of software not supporting...
  3. how to replace windows 10 version or windows11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to replace windows 10 version or windows11 ?: I am already having windows 8.1 license version, previously i also upgraded my windows 10 version in your free upgrade offer, but i removed my upgrade and returned to windows 8.1 version. But now updates for 8.1 stopped from your side .also number of software not supporting...
  4. how to replace windows 10 version or windows11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with creating new user account in Windows 10Home, version: 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with creating new user account in Windows 10Home, version: 20H2: I removed the old users on my computer, leaving only the old blank administrator account. Now currently I cannot make any adjustment to the administrator account, and I am trying to add new users but when in the settings menu I go to add new users, I get a complaint screen...
  6. Problem with creating new user account in Windows 10Home, version: 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with creating new user account in Windows 10Home, version: 20H2: I removed the old users on my computer, leaving only the old blank administrator account. Now currently I cannot make any adjustment to the administrator account, and I am trying to add new users but when in the settings menu I go to add new users, I get a complaint screen...
  7. Problem with creating new user account in Windows 10Home, version: 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10Pro version 20H2 -Error 0x80070002

Windows 10Pro version 20H2 -Error 0x80070002: HiGetting totally fed up with this.Keeps trying to update and install incesintly since last year.Fails everytime.Tried disabling eset nod/uninstalling Nvidia graphics driver.Disconnected all hard drives excluding the system.Disconnected all usb devices excludign mouse and...
  9. Windows 10HOME key , but Windows 10PRO is insalled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10HOME key , but Windows 10PRO is insalled: Hello----- I recently purchased a hard drive with Windows 10 installed---trying to activate--- Failed. --- Found out that WIndows 10 PRO is installed on hard drive but the key provided is for Windows 10 HOME ---- I'm want to uninstall Pro and then download HOME but don't...
  10. Not able to Update Windows 10pro Version 1809 to Version 1909

Not able to Update Windows 10pro Version 1809 to Version 1909: Currently I am using Windows 10pro Version 1809 and need to update to 1909. While updating first of all it start with getting things ready then downloading. After successfully completion of both activity installation starts. But after aprox 25% of installation it again goes...