Windows 10: How to replicate changes to all (Default) profiles after SysPrep

Discus and support How to replicate changes to all (Default) profiles after SysPrep in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I work for a large organisation with over 250 computers across a relatively large geographical area. We have just updated to Windows 10 Enterprise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndyK, May 9, 2017.

1. AndyK Win User

How to replicate changes to all (Default) profiles after SysPrep

I work for a large organisation with over 250 computers across a relatively large geographical area.

We have just updated to Windows 10 Enterprise (1607) and I have used the CopyProfile setting to customise the default profile in Audit Mode, such as the Start Menu and Taskbar layout.

I have then run Sysprep and created an Admin account.

All the computers are part of an active directory that use the customised default profile to create an account for each new user that logs on.

What I would like to know is how I can make changes in the Admin account (or any account for that matter) and have the changes I make here also show in all new accounts thereafter?

For instance, I need to update a particular piece of software on this image. When I do so, the shortcuts I have created on the Start Menu and Taskbar are removed and not replaced. There are then blank spaces that appear where the shortcuts did exist in the Admin account but also (strangely) this is the same in all newly created accounts thereafter, despite not changing the default profile at all.

To be clear, if I update a program, the program is updated for all users and they can gain access to it through the Start Menu by searching for it. However, the customised shortcuts on the Start Menu and Taskbar are deleted for this particular program and not replaced, so I end up with just blank spaces for all users when they log in. I can put these shortcuts back but they are only changed in the Admin account and not to all user accounts.

Is there a way I can simply reinstall or update a program and have this not alter the shortcuts and work for all users?

At the moment it appears set in stone so that I cannot make any changes easily to the admin / default profile without running Sysprep again.

I would just like to make changes to the default profile easily, after all the initial configuration has been done in SysPrep, if there is such a way? Changes I make in the Admin account don't seem to be replicated in the user accounts. Is there a simple way to accomplish this after SysPrep?

It is worth noting that each computer is imaged manually with portable hard disks at each location, not via any remote service, so it’s almost impossible to run Sysprep again or to make changes on a master PC and then reimage all of these PCs once more, as I will need to make software changes etc on a regular basis.

Making changes in the admin account on Windows 7 Enterprise would replicate the changes perfectly to each new user account but it appear to be very different with Windows 10 Enterprise.

Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

AndyK, May 9, 2017
  2. ga_guy1 Win User

IE11 Pages not responding after Sysprep, Copyprofile=True, Windows 10 Ent 64

After running Sysprep on a Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise Build 1511 PC, Internet Explorer 11 will not load certain web sites from within a user account (admin rights) without generating a
    Page Not Responding error, hanging up, and sending an error report. However if your open IE11 "Run as Administrator" the pages WILL load, therefore IE can only be opened and used in this manner. When Sysprep is run the setting to copy the Administrator Profile
    to the Default user profile is turned ON (which we need) and this seems to be what is causing the issue. Everything works normally before Sysprep is run, even on standard user accounts. However this has not always been the case, so we need a solution to restore
    IE11 functionality to these systems while still allowing them to be sysprepped with the correct profile settings applied.

ga_guy1, May 9, 2017
  3. dbott1967 Win User
    Windows 10 - Default "Pin to Start" items

I don't think you are understanding my question.

I am trying to update the "Default Profile" to include a
    customized set of Start Menu Tiles prior to running SYSPREP, so that when I deploy a new computer for an employee they all get the same applications, desktop icons, start menu and
    pinned tiles.

I can prepare a computer for sysprepping and get everything the way I want it (including the
    Start Menu Tiles), however, the tiles always revert to some other default (including weather tiles, XBox, Music, Movies, etc. --- all things that I don't want employees doing at work).

Every other version of Windows has offered the ability to customize the default profile for System Builders and IT shops: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/973289

Can it be done in Windows 10 Pro? If so, how?

dbott1967, May 9, 2017
Thema:

How to replicate changes to all (Default) profiles after SysPrep

1. How to replicate changes to all (Default) profiles after SysPrep - Similar Threads - replicate changes Default

2. Change default windows profile name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default windows profile name?: When I reinstall window 10 it makes my profile name eg C;\Users\Radle instead of "Radley". It must be spelled wrong in my microsoft account settings, but I couldn't find it. How could I fix this on my account? I know how to fix it on my PC, but it is tedious and this is the...
  3. Change default windows profile name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default windows profile name?: When I reinstall window 10 it makes my profile name eg C;\Users\Radle instead of "Radley". It must be spelled wrong in my microsoft account settings, but I couldn't find it. How could I fix this on my account? I know how to fix it on my PC, but it is tedious and this is the...
  4. Change default windows profile name?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change: After optimizing Windows 10, a default profile was created through generalization.After optimization, all default appx packages have been removed. Is there a way to restore the generalization to the default profile without recreating it?...
  6. default profile how to install?

in Windows 10 Customization
    default profile how to install?: I want to add Mail, Contacts, etc to Icloud. After doing this I get the message: you need to make your profile your Default Profile. In MS Outlook I tick the box Set as Default Profile. But this does not work. Please comment on this....
  7. "how to create a Default Profile without using SysPrep" Win10 REVIVE

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "how to create a Default Profile without using SysPrep" Win10 REVIVE: Reviving an old thread from sevenforums with the intent on perfecting the process for Win10. here is the original thread link: https://www.sevenforums.com/customiz...ml#post1987294 I have replied to the original thread with the hope that someone may help me there, but...
  8. defaultuser0 profile created windows 10 1703 after sysprep

defaultuser0 profile created windows 10 1703 after sysprep: anyone get defaultuser0 profile created and windows license not activated after ran sysprep in task sequence? 1. create VM and work on built-in administrator and ensure only standard built-in administrator, disabled DefaultAccount and disabled guest account is there by...
  9. Changing registry settings for user profiles and sysprepping

Changing registry settings for user profiles and sysprepping: All I have been trying - as I did with the Windows 7 image - to change the default user path in the registry to the D drive. As I have been trying, once I change something in the registry, the sysprep appears to fail. Once I restore my changes, the sysprep will work. Can...
  10. setupcomplete.cmd alter default profile in sysprep

setupcomplete.cmd alter default profile in sysprep: Do commands that run in the setupcomplete.cmd of sysprep effect the default user profile, mainly reg add commands? I can't determine if changes here make a difference or if as soon as you run the sysprep command it seals the default profile for changes. 86831

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after sysprep with copy profile any new profile getts default browser was reset notifications