Windows 10: How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App

Discus and support How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do we report phishing email purporting to be from Microsoft to Microsoft in Windows 10 Mail app? E.g., forwarding it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bill -- who does not, Jan 19, 2022.

1. How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App

How do we report phishing email purporting to be from Microsoft to Microsoft in Windows 10 Mail app? E.g., forwarding it to [report_ms_phish?@?microsoft.com] email would be easy. Expanding the Junk option might be even better. Note this is not 365 nor Outlook -- just @outlook/@live/@hotmail/@msn/... type accounts using Win10 Mail app. Email text links and most formatting removed from "Microsoft account team":----- Microsoft accountSecurity info was added The following security info was recently added to the Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: • *** Email address is removed for privacy *** If this was you, the

:)

Bill -- who does not, Jan 19, 2022

2. phishing email

While there are legitimate emails from the Microsoft account team,
    email phishing scams using the Microsoft name
    are very common so you have to be very careful. A
    legitimate email address domain from Microsoft is @accountprotection.microsoft.com.

This is an example of an older scam:
    Ask Leo: Is Windows Live Hotmail about to close my account?

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 19, 2022
  3. in the heaading in my emails says Microsoft account team *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Hello,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with in the heading of the emails, it says “Microsoft account team”.

I certainly understand your concern.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• Since how long are you experiencing this issue?

• When you say “Microsoft account team”, what do you mean by this? Do you see any content in that email?
    There could be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to spam issue on the system.

I would suggest you not to reply to that email and also if there is any attachment in that email, please do not open it. If you see any content in that email, it will be a great help if you can provide us with the screenshot
    as it will help us in providing you with better assistance.

In order to have a better understanding regarding the issue, I would suggest you to
    provide us with the screen shots if possible.
    Please refer to the article given below.

How to include a screenshot in your post

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...our-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

In the meantime, I would suggest you to refer to the articles given below and check if that helps.

Submit spam, non-spam, and phishing scam messages to Microsoft for analysis

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200769(v=exchg.150).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

How to report fraudulent e-mail messages that use the Microsoft name and logo

https://blogs.microsoft.com/cybertr...essages-that-use-the-microsoft-name-and-logo/

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 19, 2022
  4. How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App

1. How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App - Similar Threads - Report Fraudulent Microsoft

2. Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician: My computer was locked by Microsoft and it said to call 888 552 6104 I spoke with the senior technician Ethan Scott who was very helpful and assisted with several scans, especially with the ip information. I have been having many problems with hacking affecting financial info...
  3. Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician: My computer was locked by Microsoft and it said to call 888 552 6104 I spoke with the senior technician Ethan Scott who was very helpful and assisted with several scans, especially with the ip information. I have been having many problems with hacking affecting financial info...
  4. Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I report phishing spam emails from microsoft?: how do I report phishing emails from microsoft ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-phishing-spam-emails-from/1d031a08-0020-4159-8f69-c214234695cb
  6. How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App: How do we report phishing email purporting to be from Microsoft to Microsoft in Windows 10 Mail app? E.g., forwarding it to [report_ms_phish?@?microsoft.com] email would be easy. Expanding the Junk option might be even better. Note this is not 365 nor Outlook -- just...
  7. Reporting possible phishing email

Reporting possible phishing email: Bought Office 365 online. Got confirmation email. Two minutes later, I got another "confirmation email", which was clearly fake. Have seen similar discussions here, but would be great if Microsoft could help to blacklist that email address somewhere to protect others. I did...
  8. Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?

Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?: I am receiving the following email and fear it is phishing? It said the email is from Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>. Is it a legit email from microsoft? It wants me to click a box to review and release messages: Microsoft has...
  9. reporting phishing emails

reporting phishing emails: Hi Guys and Gals, Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail Quite often I try to pass on phishing or dodgy emails to; anti phishing.org, NFIB (London Police anti fraud), or any number of banking organisations etc that an email might purport to be...
  10. Report phishing email

Report phishing email: Have just received an email re "Microsoft.com Office365 <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Warning: RE-ACTIVATION NOTICE! (30/07/2018) Dear Customer, We have improved our windows service agreement and privacy statement. You would be blocked from sending...