Windows 10: How to reproduce the disk of the broken PC on the new one?

Discus and support How to reproduce the disk of the broken PC on the new one? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use a Microsoft Surface Pro but it has a broken screen, the system is OK. I’ve bought a new laptop and want to clone the disk of the broken one to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bailey Sarff, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How to reproduce the disk of the broken PC on the new one?

I use a Microsoft Surface Pro but it has a broken screen, the system is OK. I’ve bought a new laptop and want to clone the disk of the broken one to the new one. How can I do it keeping my installed programs?

:)

Bailey Sarff, Oct 30, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue How to reproduce the disk of the broken PC on the new one? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 30, 2018
  4. How to reproduce the disk of the broken PC on the new one?

my pc boots but the disk is still broken somehow

Hi Adam,

Corruption within your user profile is one of the reasons why you are encountering issues booting up Windows 10. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest creating a new user account on your computer and see if the same issue will occur while on a different
    user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add
      someone else to this PC

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

How to reproduce the disk of the broken PC on the new one?

1. How to reproduce the disk of the broken PC on the new one? - Similar Threads - reproduce disk broken

2. NEW PC think broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NEW PC think broken: Hallo,Ich habe mir gestern ein pc zusammengebaut und es läuft alles. Wenn ich es starte kommt irgendwie ein blauer Screen worin nichts steht. Ich brauche wirklich Hilfe. https://www.hardwaredealz.com/bester-gaming-pc-fuer-unter-800-euro-gamer-pc-bis-800-euroDas sind die Teile...
  3. NEW PC think broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW PC think broken: Hallo,Ich habe mir gestern ein pc zusammengebaut und es läuft alles. Wenn ich es starte kommt irgendwie ein blauer Screen worin nichts steht. Ich brauche wirklich Hilfe. https://www.hardwaredealz.com/bester-gaming-pc-fuer-unter-800-euro-gamer-pc-bis-800-euroDas sind die Teile...
  4. NEW PC think broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Replace broken laptop with new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace broken laptop with new one: My Surface Pro 4 out of warranty took a header on concrete and is rapidly failing. I have a new Surface Book 3 arriving today. All I am looking for are instructions on the best way to replicate my current, up-to-date Windows 10 environment data, apps, etc. onto the new box....
  6. Two Dynamic disks from a broken mirror one failed one good - then they switched.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Dynamic disks from a broken mirror one failed one good - then they switched.: I had a mirrored disk and the mirror broke, I did not fix it and then had two separate dynamic drives. Recently the power went out and the "Boot" drive was not recognized. In disk management it showed as missing simple volume....
  7. Disk Management is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Management is broken: I want to partition my hard disk, only to found this..[ATTACH]Even right-clicking dosen't help the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-is-broken/e7c5d8b4-77a9-402f-aa46-16732c6ccea9
  8. is Disk Cleanup broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is Disk Cleanup broken?: If i press on Disk Cleanup on my C Drive, it pops up and starts scanning for 2secs and closes. I am on Win10 1903. I know that we can cleanup junk using the tool in the Settings app but today when I launched Disk Cleanup found out this bug. submitted by /u/sauravm [link]...
  9. How to transfer programs from one hard disk to a new hard disk in the same PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer programs from one hard disk to a new hard disk in the same PC?: The short version is how do I transfer program files like Microsoft Office from one HD to another HD that are on the same computer. Once transferred the first HD will be removed and discarded because it is damaged. If this HD and PC completely failed I would have to do these...
  10. How to Transfer one drive files to new PC?\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Transfer one drive files to new PC?\: I have around 700Gb of files from 2 pcs shared on a single OneDrive account. OneDrive has never been able to copy all files from the pcs to the cloud so not all files are available to both pcs so some are only local files to the pc. Onedrive error reports this as due to there...