Windows 10: How to reset a laptop to factory settings from recovery mode?

Discus and support How to reset a laptop to factory settings from recovery mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an old laptop that can boot up but is too slow to access command prompt. I can boot into recovery mode by mashing f11 when powering on. From... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pickinanameainteasy, Sep 28, 2020.

1. How to reset a laptop to factory settings from recovery mode?

I have an old laptop that can boot up but is too slow to access command prompt. I can boot into recovery mode by mashing f11 when powering on. From there i can open a command prompt but i can't figure out how to reset to factory settings. Please help

submitted by /u/Pickinanameainteasy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pickinanameainteasy, Sep 28, 2020
  2. stanroy Win User

Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Sep 28, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Zaspera Win User

How to reset a laptop to factory settings from recovery mode?

Laptop System Recovery

How do I start the system recovery on a Gateway NEW90 laptop? I want to reboot it to factory settings. Thanks.

Zaspera, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

How to reset a laptop to factory settings from recovery mode?

1. How to reset a laptop to factory settings from recovery mode? - Similar Threads - reset laptop factory

2. Reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset to factory settings.: Hi I ran into a problem yesterday I reset my laptop back to factory settings as it was going through the setup process it came to a screen and asked me to enter a email address that I do not have or have never used now I can't proceed any further and stuck at this screen if...
  3. how do i reset a asus laptop to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i reset a asus laptop to factory settings?: When i first got the laptop, it had windows 10, and i upgraded to windows 11 a year ago, and i want to get it back to windows 10, i dont have a usb drive and im wondering if i could reset it in the settings, i am already past the 10 day period....
  4. how do i reset a asus laptop to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i reset a asus laptop to factory settings?: When i first got the laptop, it had windows 10, and i upgraded to windows 11 a year ago, and i want to get it back to windows 10, i dont have a usb drive and im wondering if i could reset it in the settings, i am already past the 10 day period....
  5. How do I Reset my laptop to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I Reset my laptop to factory settings?: I have tried Patricia Guernot advice to recover Bitlocker Key Success However the Laptop will nott accept. Options 1 thro 9 How do. I continue to perform a reset to factory from there?...
  6. Reset to factory mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset to factory mode: How do i reset to factory mode if I dont have the administrator login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-to-factory-mode/57dd275d-7ad5-4481-87a7-e21982610b9d
  7. reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset to factory settings: I'm attempting to reset my laptop (Lenova Thinkpad) to factory settings. I've gone through the Widows prompts and instructions to rest but keep getting an error that "something went wrong" and my computer/ windows can not reset- Any help? Thanks...
  8. how to reset factory settings

how to reset factory settings: the settings onmy laptop is out of sync. how can i resetthe original factory settings pse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-to-reset-factory-settings/7d74a6d9-498a-4ff0-b093-4a3efddd0f54
  9. Laptop wont reset to factory settings.

Laptop wont reset to factory settings.: I have a laptop that runs windows 10 and i try to reset it back to factory settings but when i do, it comes up with "There was a problem restarting your PC, no changes were saved." or something along those lines. If anyone knows a solution please let me know. I also do not...
  10. Reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset to factory settings: Hi,. I have an HP Envy Phoenix with 1 Tb hard drive....64 bit. It was originally a Windows 7 computer that I upgraded to Windows 10. I decided to do a factory reset and set it to start Friday night andwhenI looked at it Saturday it was still going.....12 hours. I restarted...