Windows 10: How to reset a microsfot family childs password

Discus and support How to reset a microsfot family childs password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to reset my childs outlook.com password but something is off as during verification i choose send a txt message to the number and it gives... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Raj_M, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Raj_M Win User

How to reset a microsfot family childs password

I am trying to reset my childs outlook.com password but something is off as during verification i choose send a txt message to the number and it gives me error "This service is not available at this time" when i try to use call option it does nothing after last 4 digits phone number verification.

I did the third option by selecting i dont have access to either and it gave me bunch of question, filled up couple of times in last 2 days but keep getting email, you did not provide enough information.

Is there any way i can unlock and reset my childs email account password?

Thanks.

:)

Raj_M, Jul 30, 2020

2. How to reset a microsfot family childs password

"We can certainly help you in resetting your child's password. Log in your account on the device then go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage
    another accounts. Check if you can modify the password. "

As stated above, I can not do it though windows because it is a Microsoft family account.

"If you still can't change the password, go toReset your password.
    Select the appropriate option then reset the password."

The link you sent me is to rest my password. I want to reset my child's password, which is none of the options.

I do not want to "send her email" a password, I just want to be able to control it and change it. not sure why that functionality has disappeared going into Microsoft 10 and Microsoft family.

StephenBates_925, Jul 30, 2020
  3. How to reset a microsfot family childs password

I want to reset my child's login password. can not do it through windows, she uses a Microsoft family account. I can not find it anywhere in Microsoft family where I can change her password. I have searched high and low and only help I can get is to change
    my password. why is this so hard?

StephenBates_925, Jul 30, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

Let's mark the posts accordingly.

This feature has retired from the formerly known Family Safety. The reset password link above can also work with your child's account. You just need to put your child's Microsoft account instead of yours. Although, your last sentence makes us think that
    the account isn't locked out. If you just want to change the password, log in your child's account directly at
    https://account.microsoft.com and change it from there. However, every important activities like password change will always be notified and sent to your child's email.

John Ado, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. How to reset a microsfot family childs password - Similar Threads - reset microsfot family

2. Reset Childs password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Childs password: I created an outlook account for my daughter so she could get an xbox account so she could download minecraft. So i created an outlook account and added her into it as a family account. I haven't used the account in a while but my daughter changed ipads and couldn't remember...
  3. How to reset child's password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to reset child's password?: My son has an account which I have set up through Microsoft Family. I did not pay attention to the password when I was creating it because I was assuming I could reset it once it is needed. As it appears - there is no such option on the family account page. I cannot reset the...
  4. How to reset child's password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset child's password?: My son has an account which I have set up through Microsoft Family. I did not pay attention to the password when I was creating it because I was assuming I could reset it once it is needed. As it appears - there is no such option on the family account page. I cannot reset the...
  5. How to reset child's password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Resetting child's password

Resetting child's password: My daughter's account is listed under my account in Microsoft Family and she has forgotten her password. I went to https://account.live.com/acsr, got a security code, and went through the steps to get a new password but Microsoft refuses to cooperate. Being that she is a...
  7. How to reset a microsoft family childs password

How to reset a microsoft family childs password: I am trying to reset my childs outlook.com password but something is off as during verification i choose send a txt message to the number and it gives me error "This service is not available at this time" when i try to use call option it does nothing after last 4 digits phone...
  8. How to reset child account password

How to reset child account password: 1. Child 8 yo cannot remember their password 2. There is no function to change or reset this in the Family admin section 3. Child has never used any other MS product no email, xbox, etc, just logs into the account = 'not enough information to reset password' from the reset...
  9. outlook.com family password reset child

outlook.com family password reset child: Hello, I have tried to reset the password for one of the child's accounts attached in my microsoft family. Unfortunately I always get back the email from the automated system. It cannot verify ownership. How can it be that it cannot verify me as owner with my email holder /...
  10. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...