Windows 10: How to reset a microsoft family childs password

Discus and support How to reset a microsoft family childs password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to reset my childs outlook.com password but something is off as during verification i choose send a txt message to the number and it gives... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Raj_M, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Raj_M Win User

How to reset a microsoft family childs password

I am trying to reset my childs outlook.com password but something is off as during verification i choose send a txt message to the number and it gives me error "This service is not available at this time" when i try to use call option it does nothing after last 4 digits phone number verification.

I did the third option by selecting i dont have access to either and it gave me bunch of question, filled up couple of times in last 2 days but keep getting email, you did not provide enough information.

Is there any way i can unlock and reset my childs email account password?

Thanks.

:)

Raj_M, Jul 30, 2020

2. How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hi,

Thanks but the steps above aren't accurate;

2. There is no Family Safety option within the Control Panel

Anyone know how to resent a password for child account within the Microsoft Family?

Stephen and Michelle Oates, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hello Earl,

If you are logged in using an Administrator Account and you have set up the child accounts using the same account, then you should be able to change their passwords.

You can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Jul 30, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. How to reset a microsoft family childs password - Similar Threads - reset microsoft family

2. How to reset child's password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to reset child's password?: My son has an account which I have set up through Microsoft Family. I did not pay attention to the password when I was creating it because I was assuming I could reset it once it is needed. As it appears - there is no such option on the family account page. I cannot reset the...
  3. How to reset child's password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset child's password?: My son has an account which I have set up through Microsoft Family. I did not pay attention to the password when I was creating it because I was assuming I could reset it once it is needed. As it appears - there is no such option on the family account page. I cannot reset the...
  4. How to reset child's password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reset a microsfot family childs password

How to reset a microsfot family childs password: I am trying to reset my childs outlook.com password but something is off as during verification i choose send a txt message to the number and it gives me error "This service is not available at this time" when i try to use call option it does nothing after last 4 digits phone...
  6. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Microsoft Family Child Account Password: My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen. The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect. What is the point of the...
  7. outlook.com family password reset child

outlook.com family password reset child: Hello, I have tried to reset the password for one of the child's accounts attached in my microsoft family. Unfortunately I always get back the email from the automated system. It cannot verify ownership. How can it be that it cannot verify me as owner with my email holder /...
  8. Microsoft Family. How can I change child password?

Microsoft Family. How can I change child password?: I forgot my child’s password to his account under Microsoft Family. My son cannot get access to the account and I don’t know how to retrieve it. Help me please......
  9. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  10. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...