Windows 10: How to reset Admin account - forgot password!

Discus and support How to reset Admin account - forgot password! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all,I completely forgot my windows admin account password, less than three months after creating it.How on earth can I reset it?Do I have to back... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by garrettdavis25, May 31, 2021.

1. How to reset Admin account - forgot password!

Hi all,I completely forgot my windows admin account password, less than three months after creating it.How on earth can I reset it?Do I have to back everything up and basically wipe the entire computer just to get administrative privileges back?Or is there an easier way?Thanks in advance!!

:)

garrettdavis25, May 31, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 31, 2021
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, May 31, 2021
  4. kysg Win User

How to reset Admin account - forgot password!

Forgot password....

No can't be changed, unless you can access the admin account in safemode.

you can also try ERD commander.

but that is in the case if the password is for OS

if its a bios password you would have to try to reset the bios by using a jumper.
    Or getting a master password from the manufacturer

Thema:

How to reset Admin account - forgot password!

1. How to reset Admin account - forgot password! - Similar Threads - reset Admin account

2. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  3. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  4. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot admin password: forgot admin password system error during updates need password to attempt to correct errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/890a0cce-4b73-42a8-ad30-d954c60133f6
  5. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot admin password: forgot admin password system error during updates need password to attempt to correct errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/890a0cce-4b73-42a8-ad30-d954c60133f6
  6. Forgot password to admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot password to admin account: Hello, on this laptop there are two accounts; one local admin account and one Guest account. For the admin account, the password has been forgotten. How can it be recovered? Also, it seems like a variety of approaches such as password recovery disk requires admin...
  7. Forgot password to admin account, is there any way to reset it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot password to admin account, is there any way to reset it?: So I haven't used my laptop in a while and have 2 accounts on it - one as administrator and the other is a general account. I forgot the password to the admin account and I'm not able to download any apps (from the general account) or anything without the admin's permission....
  8. Forgot admin password

Forgot admin password: My son has a laptop that we are trying to make changes to but we get a pop up box asking for the admin password for my Microsoft account L Janet. However the userid that is showing up when that box pops up is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which is a very old...
  9. reset admin password if I forgot it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset admin password if I forgot it: How do I reset the admin password if I forgot it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-admin-password-if-i-forgot-it/7cc32d7b-64fe-48fe-8f8a-cd8b56be935c
  10. forgot admin password

forgot admin password: I have an old tosiba laptop (with windows 10) that I have forgotton admin password for. There is another user whos password I remember so have been logging on under their name instead. However I do need to gain access to the admins controls, is it possible or do I do a...