Windows 10: How to reset admin password

Discus and support How to reset admin password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My father has recently passed away and since he has worked with computers his entire life while I mostly used them to play video games, when I got my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LeatherBox12, Apr 29, 2019.

1. How to reset admin password

My father has recently passed away and since he has worked with computers his entire life while I mostly used them to play video games, when I got my PC he gave himself an account with admin permissions while he gave me a guest account since at the time I was a little kid, I didn't know what I was doing and wasn't really into programming or similar things. Now that he's gone I don't really have a way to install anything or run any types of programs on my computer since I don't have admin permissions nor his password, when I tried rebooting my pc or the cmd-utilman trick they both asked for an administrator's password (guess it was fixed). Could anyone help me?

:)

LeatherBox12, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 29, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 29, 2019
  4. freeboy Win User

How to reset admin password

admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

How to reset admin password

1. How to reset admin password - Similar Threads - reset admin password

2. How to reset forgotten Admin Password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset forgotten Admin Password?: I am using win 8.1 and I have connected my laptop to MS account and I want to change it. But I am unable to do it as it asks me to enter admin pw to proceed and I don't remember it. Currently login to my laptop with PIN option. I want to reset local admin password. Please...
  3. How to reset forgotten Admin Password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset forgotten Admin Password?: I am using win 8.1 and I have connected my laptop to MS account and I want to change it. But I am unable to do it as it asks me to enter admin pw to proceed and I don't remember it. Currently login to my laptop with PIN option. I want to reset local admin password. Please...
  4. Reset Admin password

Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  5. Lost Admin password, how to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Admin password, how to reset: I am defined as an administrator, but not THE administrator the username of THE administrator is ADMIN. I need to make a change that requires administrator priviliges and "Run as adminitrator" doesn't work. Is there a was to reset the password of ADMIN? I don't think I've...
  6. Lost Admin password, how to reset

Lost Admin password, how to reset: I am defined as an administrator, but not THE administrator the username of THE administrator is ADMIN. I need to make a change that requires administrator priviliges and "Run as adminitrator" doesn't work. Is there a was to reset the password of ADMIN? I don't think I've...
  7. Lost Admin password, how to reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Admin password reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password reset: Hello So I am able to login into my account hence when I try to make changes and install need programs an admin sign in window pops out I forgot what password I set it as Any ideas Thank you submitted by /u/513111111 [link] [comments]...
  9. Forget the ADMIN Password and how to reset it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forget the ADMIN Password and how to reset it.: I forgot the password of ADMIN. Some process require the ADMIN password to continue. Please show me step by step instruction how to reset the ADMIN password for my desktop computer? I don't understand that why the password of a USER or the PIN of a USER are...
  10. reset admin password

in Windows 10 Support
    reset admin password: How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but;...