Windows 10: How to reset admin password

Discus and support How to reset admin password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My father has recently passed away and since he has worked with computers his entire life while I mostly used them to play video games, when I got my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LeatherBox12, Apr 29, 2019.

1. How to reset admin password

My father has recently passed away and since he has worked with computers his entire life while I mostly used them to play video games, when I got my PC he gave himself an account with admin permissions while he gave me a guest account since at the time I was a little kid, I didn't know what I was doing and wasn't really into programming or similar things. Now that he's gone I don't really have a way to install anything or run any types of programs on my computer since I don't have admin permissions nor his password, when I tried rebooting my pc or the cmd-utilman trick they both asked for an administrator's password (guess it was fixed). Could anyone help me?

:)

LeatherBox12, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 29, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 29, 2019
  4. freeboy Win User

How to reset admin password

admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

How to reset admin password

1. How to reset admin password - Similar Threads - reset admin password

2. admin password reset/removal.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin password reset/removal.: hi , how do reset or remove the admin password? ive got my daughters old laptop and she cant remember the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-resetremoval/0c7e2376-7edb-4bc3-8f58-c002a90cc4c5"
  3. reset admin password if I forgot it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset admin password if I forgot it: How do I reset the admin password if I forgot it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-admin-password-if-i-forgot-it/7cc32d7b-64fe-48fe-8f8a-cd8b56be935c
  4. admin. password

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin. password: replace admin. name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/e97f10b5-15ec-48c6-a905-778d16bf00e7
  5. admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin password: I forgot my password for the admin account how do I change it or remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password/ecba1872-0038-4d34-98dd-c09814bf11ec"
  6. Resetting Admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting Admin user name and password: Hi all, my son took over my computer when he went to college; it's been over two years since I've had to use the admin information to use setup.exe that I've forgotten the password to access it. When I try to leave the password blank and hit yes or no, it brings me right...
  7. Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password: Hello, I have a laptop where the internet stopped working (both WiFi and Ethernet). I went through the standard troubleshooting procedures I found on here and had no luck. My next step is to do a Windows reset on the laptop. I go into security settings and windows reset,...
  8. Reset lost Admin Password

Reset lost Admin Password: Got this message from my niece & thought i would help her with you guys knowledge of fixing her problem !! When we got our computer my husband made 2 user accounts. One was an admin and the other was not. I have been using the other account just because that is where I...
  9. Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights: The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights. The network...
  10. reset admin password

in Windows 10 Support
    reset admin password: How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but;...