Windows 10: How to reset all user permissions on my local disk c drive for Windows 10?

Discus and support How to reset all user permissions on my local disk c drive for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I made a bad mistake and remove both permissions for the system and for administrators on my local disk c drive. How can I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JacobCole26, Jun 6, 2020.

1. How to reset all user permissions on my local disk c drive for Windows 10?

I made a bad mistake and remove both permissions for the system and for administrators on my local disk c drive. How can I fix it?

:)

JacobCole26, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Jan Pac Win User

Windows 10 Error Drive C:

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query here in Microsoft community.

Try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow these steps to take the ownership of the drive.

1. Right click on Drive C and click Properties.

2. Switch to Security tab, click Edit and Add to add your user account,
    if it is not listed. Assign the full control permission for your own account and click OK.

3. Click Advanced, switch to Ownership tab and click Edit button.

4. Highlight your user account and click Apply, and then click OK.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to disable to UAC settings and check.

1. In search type User account control.

2. Select Change User Account Control Settings.

3. Move the slider to Never notify and click OK.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Regards.

Jan Pac, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 6, 2020
  4. SreehariV Win User

How to reset all user permissions on my local disk c drive for Windows 10?

accidently changed permission on local disk E

i changed permission on local disk E and removed users n groups(Authenticated users ). Now i cant write anything on to that local disk. what can i do to restore default permission rights?? (I tried adding Authenticated users from security>edit>add>advanced>search
    list but then it showed some error message. )

SreehariV, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

How to reset all user permissions on my local disk c drive for Windows 10?

1. How to reset all user permissions on my local disk c drive for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - reset user permissions

2. C Drive Users/User/Appdata/Local/FFL eat all my disk space, what are they? window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive Users/User/Appdata/Local/FFL eat all my disk space, what are they? window 10: DO you know can i delete the file in this folder? what are they? tkz. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-usersuserappdatalocalffl-eat-all-my-disk/3792af57-46c4-4460-8dc8-a0ef307bac6d
  3. C Drive Users/User/Appdata/Local/FFL eat all my disk space, what are they? window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Users/User/Appdata/Local/FFL eat all my disk space, what are they? window 10: DO you know can i delete the file in this folder? what are they? tkz. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-usersuserappdatalocalffl-eat-all-my-disk/3792af57-46c4-4460-8dc8-a0ef307bac6d
  4. C Drive Users/User/Appdata/Local/FFL eat all my disk space, what are they? window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ?: how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-remove-local-disk-c-drive-shortcut/5be2ba10-49d0-419c-8524-79916d8a885e
  6. how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ?: how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-remove-local-disk-c-drive-shortcut/5be2ba10-49d0-419c-8524-79916d8a885e
  7. accidently removal of all permission of local disk c

accidently removal of all permission of local disk c: hay while working on a project I accidently removed all permission and now i can not access my drive I have only one disk and my main presentation is now stuck and I want to to get any how I am ready to reinstall windows but my first priority is my presentation and I don't to...
  8. Total Permissions reset for Windows 10 default permissions on local drive C:\. Icacls.exe...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Total Permissions reset for Windows 10 default permissions on local drive C:\. Icacls.exe...: Hello I was trying to learn how to reset permissions on Windows 10 under advanced security. The owner of my C: was not my name it was listed as Trustedinstaller, I wanted to correct this and made a change to my username that is the Administrator. Once this completed I was...
  9. How to reset all user permissions for Windows 10?

How to reset all user permissions for Windows 10?: I made a bad mistake and I removed both permissions for the SYSTEM and for administrators on my local disk c drive. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-all-user-permissions-for-windows-10/d9f13e98-348c-4046-8d42-8f58e573b3ef
  10. Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.: I had been looking around in the properties of my Local Disk, and I hit the security tab. I went into advanced, and I was messing around for a bit, when I accidentally took away all permissions of the local disk from the everyone group. I am not able to access the Local Disk...