Windows 10: how to reset all windows search settings ?

Discus and support how to reset all windows search settings ? in Cortana to solve the problem; how to reset all windows search settings , which i modified .... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by gokul y, May 22, 2020.

1. gokul y Win User

how to reset all windows search settings ?

how to reset all windows search settings , which i modified .

:)

gokul y, May 22, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 22, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 22, 2020
  4. how to reset all windows search settings ?

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 22, 2020
Thema:

how to reset all windows search settings ?

1. how to reset all windows search settings ? - Similar Threads - reset search settings

2. How do i reset windows search because it does not work at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reset windows search because it does not work at all: Updates are installed, latest copy of official windows 11 image from microsoftI have a video of it showing the defect, it's not very eventful but I can post it somewhere for demonstration. I cannot use search at all....
  3. How to fix Windows, setting, search bar not responding or opening at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Windows, setting, search bar not responding or opening at all.: My friend recently purchased a new PC. However, after unplugging and moving it, he is now unable to use several Windows functions such as search and settings. These functions do not open or respond to any commands. He is completely lost and unsure about what to do next, as...
  4. How to fix Windows, setting, search bar not responding or opening at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Windows, setting, search bar not responding or opening at all.: My friend recently purchased a new PC. However, after unplugging and moving it, he is now unable to use several Windows functions such as search and settings. These functions do not open or respond to any commands. He is completely lost and unsure about what to do next, as...
  5. Windows update resets ALL windows settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update resets ALL windows settings: I have been getting windows updates for years. Each time windows updates, I must re-setup windows all over again.That means I must go thru the "Setup Windows" then have to reset every setting back to what works.What can we do to fix this ?...
  6. Windows update resets ALL windows settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update resets ALL windows settings: I have been getting windows updates for years. Each time windows updates, I must re-setup windows all over again.That means I must go thru the "Setup Windows" then have to reset every setting back to what works.What can we do to fix this ?...
  7. Windows reseted all my settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reseted all my settings: So today, after a long day work on my computer, I signed out of my pc and left it. 5 minutes later when I signed in back again, a strange message that I have never seen before popped up saying 'Preparing Windows'. Surprised to see this, I waited. After 15 minutes my PC signed...
  8. Windows 10 reset search view settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 reset search view settings: Hello, Ok, so I was playing around with changing how to set up a default search view settings, looked up a tip online about editing the reg database. No I didnt backup the reg database, and I dont have system restore on. But obviously something went wrong, and now when I...
  9. Windows update reset all my settings!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update reset all my settings!?: Hi, I updated my Windows to the lastest build. Now Edge is my default browser, I have lost all my extensions and opened pages on other browsers I use routinely. My Calibre ebook manager has been wiped out, dropbox has been removed, and all my downloads have been erased....
  10. How to reset all the setting on my monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset all the setting on my monitors: I resently got a second monitor. For about a week everything was normal. Then weird things started happening (you can go to my previous post to see what), but no one offered any help with fixing it. So now I would like to know how to reset all the settings with my monitors....