Windows 10: How to reset App Volume and Device Preferences in Windows 10

Discus and support How to reset App Volume and Device Preferences in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 allows you to control individual app volumes and the speakers or devices they use. You can choose to keep a lower volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 25, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to reset App Volume and Device Preferences in Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 25, 2019
  2. ITM
    itm Win User

How to add desktop shortcut to App volume device preferences?

Thanks. That script opens the Device Properties page for the Mic - see attached screenshot. Any idea how the script can be modified to open the App volume device preferences screen?

How to reset App Volume and Device Preferences in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Anna Bon Win User
    Windows Keeps resetting app preferences

Hi DanielGibbons,

We understand that you are having issues with your Windows app preferences. Please answer the questions below so we can assist you further:

• What specific update was applied on your Windows 10?
    • Did it also reset your PC settings configuration, or just the app preferences specifically for videos and picture files?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, you can also try the steps below and check if it will work:

1. Perform a clean boot.
    It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. Also, it helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

2. Once done, try to set again your preferences for videos and picture files.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anna Bon, Oct 25, 2019
  4. RAF2 Win User

How to add desktop shortcut to App volume device preferences?

You can change the tab number on that script. In my case I've changed from 6 to 7 and worked.

Thema:

1. How to reset App Volume and Device Preferences in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - reset App Volume

2. Understanding Volume Mixer & App volume and device preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Understanding Volume Mixer & App volume and device preferences: I am looking at the following Windows 10 sound windows: * App volume and device preferences * Volume Mixer The settings are the following: Master volumeOutput: Speakers High Definition Audio Device Google ChromeOutput: Speakers High Definition Audio Device Mozilla...
  3. APP Volume and Device Preferences not staying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    APP Volume and Device Preferences not staying: When I go to my advanced sound options and set my output devices to something other than default, when I restart my PC it switches them all back to default. How can I get them to be persistent and stay on the outputs I have designated them to? submitted by...
  4. App volume and device preferences Disable?

App volume and device preferences Disable?: Is it possible to completely disable that or remove apps from it? I am using Sonic Studio and It cannot hook onto apps that windows is using in there. submitted by /u/Erythreas34 [link] [comments]...
  5. App volume and device preferences keeps resetting

App volume and device preferences keeps resetting: Hello, So I've been struggling with this issue for a while now. I found that win 10 has in their advanced sound settings the option to allocate different audio devices to certain apps. For example I'm using digital driver cables which let me split the sound of my system...
  6. App volume and device preferences not saving

App volume and device preferences not saving: When I amend a volume in the "App Volume and Device Prefences" it is not 'holding'. In other words..I set it at 50% for Audacity, then when I next reopen audacity it has reverted to 100%. What can I do. Windows 10....
  7. App volume and device preferences

App volume and device preferences: [ATTACH] For some reason, I didn't have any sound. So, I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it then updating, rollback the driver. I went to services and made sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder were running. I even refresh them and everything. So, I...
  8. App volume and device preferences

App volume and device preferences: https://i.imgur.com/E7kKZT4.png For some reason, I didn't have any sound. So, I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it then updating, rollback the driver. I went to services and made sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder were running. I even refresh them...
  9. App volume device preferences assistance

App volume device preferences assistance: Hi, I have a custom app that I would like to configure to have a unique sound profile, especially regarding Popup windows that occur within the app itself. My way to try to explore how to do this is to use the new feature Window 10 1803 April 2019. The screenshot below...
  10. App Volume and Device Preferences Not Working

App Volume and Device Preferences Not Working: I only found out about this feature a few days ago and decided to tweak a few things within it, nothing major. Though now when I go back to make additional changes, it only shows up briefly without list any apps and then immediately closes. Any idea what this might be?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. app volume and device preferences download

2. app volume and device preferences

3. how to reset preferences device connected to pc