Windows 10: How to Reset Apps that open files

Discus and support How to Reset Apps that open files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidently opened a properties file with adobe photoshop and i want to change it back into the normal file it comes when you download it is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YungGodJose, Oct 28, 2020.

1. How to Reset Apps that open files

I accidently opened a properties file with adobe photoshop and i want to change it back into the normal file it comes when you download it is there anyway i can reset how files are opened?

:)

YungGodJose, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to Reset Apps that open files :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 28, 2020
  4. How to Reset Apps that open files

App to open .c6e0ec and .e8d549184 files

Hi Hitkary,

It seems that there is no default app set to open these kind of files. Can you still recall the type of app or program that opens this kind of file?

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest assigning a default app or program to open it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings and click System.
    • Click Default apps.
    • At the bottom, click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down and look for the .e8d549184 file.
    • Once found, click the + sign on the right and select the app you want to use.

Once you've successfully set the default app, try opening the file again and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

How to Reset Apps that open files

1. How to Reset Apps that open files - Similar Threads - Reset Apps open

2. "How do you want to open this file?" Reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "How do you want to open this file?" Reset: When I tried to open a file i couldn't open, it asked me what app i wanted to use to open it. I accidentally clicked a random app and can't return it back to it's original state. anyone have any idea on how to fix this?...
  3. "How do you want to open this file?" Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "How do you want to open this file?" Reset: When I tried to open a file i couldn't open, it asked me what app i wanted to use to open it. I accidentally clicked a random app and can't return it back to it's original state. anyone have any idea on how to fix this?...
  4. "How do you want to open this file?" Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove the default app that opens files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the default app that opens files?: I want to remove Google Chrome from automatically opening this .pak file I need for a game. Any way I can remove it somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-default-app-that-opens-files/ebcb9bc3-e120-44a5-ad96-12d8f1cd89ba
  6. How to open a file with windows store app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open a file with windows store app?: I installed Inkscape via the Microsoft store. How do I make Inkscape the default program for .eps files? Also, how do I add Inkscape onto the list of programs that show under open with? When I select open with -> choose another app -> look for an app in Microsoft store I can...
  7. How to Open the Apps After Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Open the Apps After Resetting: I just reset my pcwindows 10 and I selected the option that keeps my personal files. When the reset was completed, not all programs and applications were uninstalled. In fact, most of my applications are still here and if I just create a shortcut to the programs, I can still...
  8. How to reset what Windows 10 chooses to open an app or file with?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset what Windows 10 chooses to open an app or file with?: I was messing around with some mods in a game and I messed up a default .cfg but saying to always open with edge, now my game is messed up and it will only let me set it to something else, I want to just reset it before I messed around it with submitted by /u/Ahardreboot...
  9. How to reset default app for all 'open file with'

How to reset default app for all 'open file with': [ATTACH] How can i reset the option 'open file with' to dafault app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-default-app-for-all-open-file-with/d7e54c63-68a7-4f22-95e6-ded8b89d1d67"
  10. Can not reset how a file type is opened.

Can not reset how a file type is opened.: I have been downloading some mods for minecraft when i had to run a .jar file. I looked on the internet to figure out how to do so and followed them, but when i went to run it and it asked how i was going to run it, i had forgot to deselect "Always use this app to open .jar...