Windows 10: how to reset computer to factory defaults

Discus and support how to reset computer to factory defaults in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I inherited my sister's computer. I would like to start fresh and reset to factory defaults. How do I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ResortRags, Jun 21, 2019.

1. how to reset computer to factory defaults

I inherited my sister's computer. I would like to start fresh and reset to factory defaults. How do I do this?

:)

ResortRags, Jun 21, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 21, 2019
  3. reset computer to factory default, computer is HP

reset computer to factory default, computer is HP

AliceCrane, Jun 21, 2019
  4. how to reset computer to factory defaults

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

how to reset computer to factory defaults

1. how to reset computer to factory defaults - Similar Threads - reset computer factory

2. How to factory reset a computer due to ransomware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset a computer due to ransomware: My mom has been good with her laptop until suddenly she was not. She was reading an article and something popped up saying the laptop had a problem and she needed to contact Microsoft, and it gave a number to call. She called "Microsoft", and they remoted into her computer....
  3. How to factory reset a computer due to ransomware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to factory reset a computer due to ransomware: My mom has been good with her laptop until suddenly she was not. She was reading an article and something popped up saying the laptop had a problem and she needed to contact Microsoft, and it gave a number to call. She called "Microsoft", and they remoted into her computer....
  4. How to reset Taskbar Chat to factory defaults in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Taskbar Chat to factory defaults in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to reset Windows 11 Taskbar Chat to factory defaults, here is how you can do that. It is possible to reset this app from Windows Settings so that you can use it with another Microsoft Teams account. The Chat app in the Taskbar in Windows 11 lets you open...
  5. how to factory reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to factory reset: I am selling evoo 2in1. Need to factory reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset/e0a74f6d-c4ac-4748-b103-5db27b1e7e73
  6. Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults: Hello, I bought a Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL with Windows 10, and when I received it, it had been already turned on by the seller to install modifications. I was aware that something like this might happen. Whoever logged into the laptop to install the modifications...
  7. Computer Factory Data Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Factory Data Reset: My laptop first ran on LUnix and then I downloaded Windows 10. Will my laptop return to LUnix if I do a factory data reset? Is it safe to do a factory data reset? Thank You For Your Help!!! submitted by /u/Silver-College-1508 [link] [comments]...
  8. how do i factory reset this computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i factory reset this computer: how do I factory reset my cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-factory-reset-this-computer/05885e7e-d5ca-4ecb-bc08-65059a400232
  9. Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10: My computer came with no disks. It is so slow and wont let me do what I need to do and I want to reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/resetting-computer-to-factory-defaults-with/97b156be-ae08-4bf4-a744-a3cd0ec43e93
  10. Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults: How to: Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults How to Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults [img] Information There may be times when you may need to completely erase and restore your Xbox One, such as when you sell it or give it to a friend. There may also be times when you...