Windows 10: How to reset default file type.

Discus and support How to reset default file type. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally made it so .css opens in internet explorer, how do i make it go back to however .css would open?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tibbur, May 15, 2021.

1. Tibbur Win User

How to reset default file type.

I accidentally made it so .css opens in internet explorer, how do i make it go back to however .css would open?

:)

Tibbur, May 15, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

How to reset default file type. [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

How to reset default file type. [​IMG]

3. reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, May 15, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Thema:

1. How to reset default file type. - Similar Threads - reset default file

2. How to remove a default app for file type for .cur file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a default app for file type for .cur file type: I just want to remove the default app for my .cur file type to see how is the cursor looks like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-default-app-for-file-type-for-cur/97b627a7-e173-4104-b958-770ab56951a0
  3. How to remove a default app for file type for .cur file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a default app for file type for .cur file type: I just want to remove the default app for my .cur file type to see how is the cursor looks like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-default-app-for-file-type-for-cur/97b627a7-e173-4104-b958-770ab56951a0
  4. default file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default file type: By mistake I set a program as the default program for two file types. I do not wish to have that program set as the default. Also I do not need or want to any program as the default for these file types. How do I REMOVE a default program from a file type without setting...
  5. default file type

default file type: By mistake I set a program as the default program for two file types. I do not wish to have that program set as the default. Also I do not need or want to any program as the default for these file types. How do I REMOVE a default program from a file type without setting...
  6. default file type

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to reset file types back to default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reset file types back to default?: Hi, im curious on how to reset all file types back to default in windows 10? 178249
  8. How to remove a default app for file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove a default app for file type: I accidentally set my .package file's default app to paint. Although the file works fine so far, I don't know if it would be okay to just leave it like that. I want to remove the default app completely. I saw many other questions like mine but they all set the file to .txt...
  9. How to change default app for file type

How to change default app for file type: I'm trying to change app that handles .jpg file types on my system from default "photos" to Windows Media player(just because I like better it looks:)) and despite fact that WMP is installed and handles other file types - [img] , I still can't choose it from the windows...
  10. How to change default app for file type

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default app for file type: I'm trying to change app that handles .jpg file types on my system from default "photos" to Windows Media player(just because I like better it looks:)) and despite fact that WMP is installed and handles other file types, I still can't choose it from the windows default app...