Windows 10: How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

Discus and support How to reset domain password without connecting to domain in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PratFR, Jul 28, 2022.

1. PratFR Win User

How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their passwords then there is no way for them to reset their passwords. Is there any solution that can solve this situation ?*Note: user's laptop is not connected to those domains.

:)

PratFR, Jul 28, 2022
  2. bdanmo Win User

UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, Jul 28, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 28, 2022
  4. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

active domain

Hello,

There are ways to view your computer's domain name in Windows 10. You can follow the steps below to view your computer's domain name (If your computer is connected to a domain):

• Right-click on the Start button and select System.
    • Click on the Advance system settings link on the left pane.
    • On the Advance system settings window, you can see the
      Domain column
      with the domain name if you computer is
      connected to a domain
      or Workgroup if you computer is
      connected to a workgroup

To join an active domain, you need to take note of the following:

• A User Account on the Domain.
    • Name of Domain.
    • Computer running Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise/Education editions.
    • Domain Controller must be running Windows Server 2003 (functional level or later).

• On the Windows 10 PC go to Settings > System > About then click
      Join a domain.
    • Enter the Domain name and click Next.
    • Enter account information which is used to authenticate on the Domain then click
      OK.
    • Wait while your computer is authenticated on the Domain.
    • Click Next.
    • And then you’ll need to restart your computer to complete the process.
    • When the sign in screen appears, you will notice the
      DOMAIN\User account
      is displayed. Enter your password and you will now be logged onto your Domain.

You will notice that once you are connected to the Domain, the About settings no longer list options that were presented before. This is because your computer is centrally managed by the server.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

1. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain - Similar Threads - reset domain password

2. Reset password not syncing to windows 10 devices without connecting VPN/Domain Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset password not syncing to windows 10 devices without connecting VPN/Domain Controller: Reset password not syncing to windows 10 devices without connecting VPN/Domain Controller.is it possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-password-not-syncing-to-windows-10-devices/2ecc331a-69f7-4471-b1d9-96d546e3dad2
  3. Reset password not syncing to windows 10 devices without connecting VPN/Domain Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset password not syncing to windows 10 devices without connecting VPN/Domain Controller: Reset password not syncing to windows 10 devices without connecting VPN/Domain Controller.is it possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-password-not-syncing-to-windows-10-devices/2ecc331a-69f7-4471-b1d9-96d546e3dad2
  4. Reset password not syncing to windows 10 devices without connecting VPN/Domain Controller

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset domain password without connecting to domain: My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their passwords then there is no way for them to reset their passwords. Is there any solution that can solve this situation...
  6. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

How to reset domain password without connecting to domain: My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their passwords then there is no way for them to reset their passwords. Is there any solution that can solve this situation...
  7. Cached domain password reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cached domain password reset: We have windows XP computer with cached AD user login. This computer is no longer attached to internet. But it is removed from domain server side, but computer still shows domain because it is not removed from it computer side. User forgot old password which was used to...
  8. Cached domain password reset

Cached domain password reset: We have windows XP computer with cached AD user login. This computer is no longer attached to internet. But it is removed from domain server side, but computer still shows domain because it is not removed from it computer side. User forgot old password which was used to...
  9. Domain controller account resetting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain controller account resetting password: At random times in the day, domain controller account resets by domain admin password.. 4724 event shows source as domain controller account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-controller-account-resetting-password/67131649-1ae2-455b-bb43-d9c06fe8bd4c
  10. Domain controller account resetting password

Domain controller account resetting password: At random times in the day, domain controller account resets by domain admin password.. 4724 event shows source as domain controller account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-controller-account-resetting-password/67131649-1ae2-455b-bb43-d9c06fe8bd4c