Windows 10: how to reset file explorer to default?

Discus and support how to reset file explorer to default? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the picture, the quick access looks different from the default one.I tried reset it to default here but nothing happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LauChi Rui, Nov 25, 2021.

1. how to reset file explorer to default?

As the picture, the quick access looks different from the default one.I tried reset it to default here but nothing happens

:)

LauChi Rui, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Stas_Kras Win User

File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults

I have a user who after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 cannot pin anything to his file explorer jump lists.

I have tried all the fixes I could find and most didn't work. Some worked for a little while but eventually the file explorer resets to defaults and anything that was pinned is removed.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Stas_Kras, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 25, 2021
  4. how to reset file explorer to default?

reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

how to reset file explorer to default?

1. how to reset file explorer to default? - Similar Threads - reset file explorer

2. how to reset file explorer to default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reset file explorer to default?: As the picture, the quick access looks different from the default one.I tried reset it to default here but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-file-explorer-to-default/6a24d60a-d50a-4597-a1f9-5ba977ba133b
  3. How to reset default file type.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset default file type.: I accidentally made it so .css opens in internet explorer, how do i make it go back to however .css would open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-default-file-type/9cd5b0fa-894b-4413-b993-227cb3995e89
  4. Default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default file explorer: I recently downloaded an app called "Files" from the Microsoft Store and It's exactly like the file explorer but just more modern, although when I go to open a folder from my desktop, my laptop still opens it with the default Windows 10 file explorer. Is there a way to change...
  5. reset file explorer to original default?

reset file explorer to original default?: My File Explorer is so screwed up I want to start it all anew. I save very few items but cannot find most of what I've saved using the new Edge. I now want ALL 'save as' and 'downloads' to go into Quick Access only, or in necessary in This Pc. I have no need for them to be...
  6. How to change default file explorer?

How to change default file explorer?: I just downloaded an app from Microsoft store called Files - Preview it's a really good app and I would like to use it as default file explorer I looked in the app and there isn't an option for it also no options for it on default apps submitted by /u/Kat_TRL [link]...
  7. File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults: I have a user who after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 cannot pin anything to his file explorer jump lists. I have tried all the fixes I could find and most didn't work. Some worked for a little while but eventually the file explorer resets to defaults and anything...
  8. Default File Explorer

Default File Explorer: Hello! There is a secret file explorer menu in windows and I want to use it as my default because I like the design. Any tips to make it the default file explorer on my system? submitted by /u/Lackmey [link] [comments]...
  9. File Explorer Internal Errors and App Default Resets

File Explorer Internal Errors and App Default Resets: I've been working with one of our users that is getting "An internal error occurred" when trying to open PDFs in File Explorer. They are also seeing the PDF default constantly switch back to Edge. On the affected machine, I have: Recreated the user's profile in windows...
  10. File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless: Hi folks Whats the magic setting to reset file explorer to its 100% default state (as it look as after you've done a clean windows install) -- I.e before any "tampering". If I do any google searches there's 77 zillion (or more) answers telling me how to customise settings...