Windows 10: How to reset file location name?

Discus and support How to reset file location name? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the file location name on my laptop? Currently running with Windows 10. File location example: C:\Users\brook\Downloads. I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bgoeltzen, Mar 27, 2020.

1. bgoeltzen Win User

How to reset file location name?

How do I change the file location name on my laptop? Currently running with Windows 10. File location example: C:\Users\brook\Downloads. I don't want it to say "brook". I want to be able to change that.

:)

bgoeltzen, Mar 27, 2020

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 27, 2020
  3. keakar Win User
    help needed to reset file names

i dont know what i did but somehow i changed all my dat files to show up as video cd movie files instead of saying its a dat file.

im not talking about the file extentions because they still show as file.dat so thats still ok but the ID tag you see shown under the file name is whats showing up as a video cd movie

can someone tell me how to restore this to the default file ID so it reads correctly again?

i have uninstalled nero 7 thinking it had something to do with nero vision but that didnt fix it and i reset the defaults for internet options and i even uninstalled explorer 8 but that didnt help either.

i would be very greatfull if someone can help me fix this *Respect :respect:

thank you in advance for your help

keakar, Mar 27, 2020
  4. How to reset file location name?

Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations

Hi,

I'm not new to Batch Files but i have a requirement that i can't seem to get my head around, I'm sure it must be simple'ish..

I have 2 .txt files (Locations.txt | Files.txt)

• Locations is a list of directories
    • Files is a list of file names

I would like to write a Batch Script that would loop through each location in the Locations.txt for files names that match any in Files.txt

I think i may need to write a for loop to cycle through the locations but then i'm not sure how i would pass the file names through for it to check for.

Basically if it does find any of those file names in any of the location i would want it to echo a message.

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

How to reset file location name?

1. How to reset file location name? - Similar Threads - reset file location

2. How to reset desktop PC location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset desktop PC location?: A few months ago I moved an hour and a half away. I brought my PC and my cable modem with me, same ISP. I have followed all suggestions about Google Maps, the Maps app in Windows, cleared the location history etc, but no matter what, Windows/Google/any site I go to, getting...
  3. How to reset desktop PC location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset desktop PC location?: A few months ago I moved an hour and a half away. I brought my PC and my cable modem with me, same ISP. I have followed all suggestions about Google Maps, the Maps app in Windows, cleared the location history etc, but no matter what, Windows/Google/any site I go to, getting...
  4. Backup and restore executable file name and location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and restore executable file name and location: Hi,Norton secure vpn blocks windows back and restore process. I could add the .exe to norton in split tunnel so that it is allowed to run but I have no idea what the name of the backup .exe is called.Anybody have any ideas on this?ThanksBob...
  5. Backup and restore executable file name and location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and restore executable file name and location: Hi,Norton secure vpn blocks windows back and restore process. I could add the .exe to norton in split tunnel so that it is allowed to run but I have no idea what the name of the backup .exe is called.Anybody have any ideas on this?ThanksBob...
  6. Backup and restore executable file name and location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Files name wrong after changing location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files name wrong after changing location: Hello I need help on my problem. Recently I change all my file location in my PC Such as Documents, Desktop, Downloads,.. etc from C: storage to D: storage. I find it strange because all the files are namely wrong and had the same name. Like, the Desktop and the Download...
  8. File Explorer search of file names only in indexed locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search of file names only in indexed locations: I have many similar files created from templates. They are in an indexed location. When I search in File Explorer they ALL appear in the search results due to their content. Sometimes I want to search through just the file names, not the content, in an indexed location....
  9. Windows search not locating some file names

in Cortana
    Windows search not locating some file names: After the last update, I have problem searching certain files using windows search function. My file names are usually a name followed by a number, e.g. act1, act2 etc. Now if I search for act2, it would show act28, act27 etc. act 2 file would not show up at all. I need to...
  10. "Hibernate" file name and location

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hibernate" file name and location: What, if any, is the name and location of the file that hibernates Windows, please? I understand that hibernation can be initiated via "shutdown /h" but that's not what I seek. Thanks. 22140