Windows 10: How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10

Discus and support How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using JavaFX Scene builder in Windows 10. I have installed Segoe UI fonts on my Windows 10 computer and accidentally deleted the default Segoe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Htet PhyoNaing, Feb 26, 2021.

1. How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10

I am using JavaFX Scene builder in Windows 10.

I have installed Segoe UI fonts on my Windows 10 computer and accidentally deleted the default Segoe UI fonts from the registary.

And what happened is all my windows UI fonts turn into wired symbols. So, I searched the web and created .reg file with the below content. After running it, Windows 10 UI fonts normally look good but My JavaFX scene builder isn't yet.

How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10 2368ee98-9116-4638-a3a6-e567782538ef?upload=true.png

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00; This is a companion script for https://gist.github.com/jcherven/42b84294248674c29eb50cb711114315; Rolls back changes made by the above registry patch script; Don't edit this file; save and double click to run.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]"Segoe UI TrueType"="segoeui.ttf""Segoe UI Black TrueType"="seguibl.ttf""Segoe UI Black Italic TrueType"="seguibli.ttf""Segoe UI Bold TrueType"="segoeuib.ttf""Segoe UI Bold Italic TrueType"="segoeuiz.ttf""Segoe UI Emoji TrueType"="seguiemj.ttf""Segoe UI Historic TrueType"="seguihis.ttf""Segoe UI Italic TrueType"="segoeuii.ttf""Segoe UI Light TrueType"="segoeuil.ttf""Segoe UI Light Italic TrueType"="seguili.ttf""Segoe UI Semibold TrueType"="seguisb.ttf""Segoe UI Semibold Italic TrueType"="seguisbi.ttf""Segoe UI Semilight TrueType"="segoeuisl.ttf""Segoe UI Semilight Italic TrueType"="seguisli.ttf""Segoe UI Symbol TrueType"="seguisym.ttf""Segoe MDL2 Assets TrueType"="segmdl2.ttf""Segoe Print TrueType"="segoepr.ttf""Segoe Print Bold TrueType"="segoeprb.ttf""Segoe Script TrueType"="segoesc.ttf""Segoe Script Bold TrueType"="segoescb.ttf"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]"Segoe UI"=-

:)

Htet PhyoNaing, Feb 26, 2021

2. RESETTING THE DEFAULT FONTS?

Hello,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you delete any fonts from the system?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you say ''Tried the one in the font menu but it didn't work!
      ‘’did you tried the option Restore default fonts settings? If not you can try the below steps.
    Let’s try to restore the default fonts settings and check if this helps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Font settings on the left pane and click on
      Restore default fonts settings.

• Click on OK.
    Check if this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Feb 26, 2021
  4. How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10

1. How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - reset fonts default

2. How to change Windows default Fonts ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows default Fonts ??: How to change Windows default Fonts ??I want to change windows default Fonts in company's formal fonts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-default-fonts/07074ca1-03bc-41a0-b2cf-64103848a239
  3. How to change Windows default Fonts ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Windows default Fonts ??: How to change Windows default Fonts ??I want to change windows default Fonts in company's formal fonts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-default-fonts/07074ca1-03bc-41a0-b2cf-64103848a239
  4. Default font in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default font in Windows 10: Is there any chance Microsoft has decided to offer an option to change the default font? - The current default is very hard on my eyes and given the choice I will change the default font in an instant!...
  5. Default Font on Windows 10

Default Font on Windows 10: How do I change the default font on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-font-on-windows-10/9a0836be-1e3b-415d-9d98-ecd27621acd4
  6. how to change default font in windows 10

how to change default font in windows 10: My Windows 10 default Font is very thin and not easily readable. How to change the default font for a better view.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-font-in-windows-10/05f677d6-581c-4979-b771-6f1bdc0cb207
  7. How to restore default fonts in Windows 10?

How to restore default fonts in Windows 10?: Hi, Can any one please explain how to restore default fonts in Windows 10 Home? I want to delete all the fonts that I have added and just have the normal fonts that windows comes with....
  8. Cannot Reset Default Font

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Reset Default Font: I changed the default font at some point in the past and I want to change it back to the default. The method of changing it by going to Fonts/Font Settings and then clicking Restore default fong settings does not work, it only sits there and does nothing. What's going on...
  9. Default font on Windows 10

Default font on Windows 10: The font on Windows 10 has gone less clear. Can someone advise me how to restore the default font please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/default-font-on-windows-10/61a34570-dd18-4988-883d-f304b184e6e6
  10. How to set font to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set font to default in Windows 10: Hello I followed a tutorial on some website telling me how to change the default font to something else but I found out too late that it was fake, and instead of changing the font to the one I chose it, changed it to something else that looked strange so I decided to forget...