Windows 10: How to reset homegroup password

Discus and support How to reset homegroup password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I reset my homegroup password?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardGipple, Aug 7, 2019.

1. How to reset homegroup password

How do I reset my homegroup password?

:)

RichardGipple, Aug 7, 2019

2. Reset Homegroup password Windows 10

Hi Jim,

One way of protecting and securing your homegroup is by creating a password. To rectify your concern in resetting the
    homegroup password, we suggest that you follow the procedures given by
    Jessen P posted last July 15, 2016 on this thread:
    Resetting Homegroup in Windows 10
    . This will provide you with the steps and suggested links about homegroup password reset and further details in managing your homegroup.

Let us know if you need more help.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 7, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 7, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

How to reset homegroup password

Finding a Homegroup Password

Hi,

To view and print HomeGroup password, see the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, click on HomeGroup
      in the navigation pane.
    • Click on the HomeGroup tab on the ribbon.
    • Click on View password.
    • You will now see the HomeGroup password that you can also print out.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

How to reset homegroup password

1. How to reset homegroup password - Similar Threads - reset homegroup password

2. How to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset password: Hello! I've stopped using my laptop for a while now, and i forgot my password. However im not at the start page, but the screen is all black with that blue box in the middle, asking for the password. Please help...
  3. How to reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset password: Hello! I've stopped using my laptop for a while now, and i forgot my password. However im not at the start page, but the screen is all black with that blue box in the middle, asking for the password. Please help...
  4. where is windows10 HomeGroup password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is windows10 HomeGroup password: can not find windows10 HomeGroup password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-windows10-homegroup-password/875555a8-6e47-4fd6-9ebd-b69ad72575a7
  5. Homegroup Password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Homegroup Password?: Where do I find my homegroup password? I can see questions on the forum but I don't know how to view the answers or replies. Thank you, Shirley https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-password/c32b50ed-6076-46c1-a35a-bc5daae0a932
  6. How do you reset your homegroup password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you reset your homegroup password?: How do you reset your homegroup password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-you-reset-your-homegroup-password/e165dc6b-5c15-4036-8c0e-701bea71a646
  7. Can't get Homegroup Password

Can't get Homegroup Password: Hi, I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. However, the new install still recognizes the old homegroup and I didn't write down the password. Now I can't change the password. When I open up the homegroup window, I can join, change sharing settings, but I can't change...
  8. Cannot View / Change Homegroup Password

Cannot View / Change Homegroup Password: I have three computers I would like to add to a homegroup. One is a MAC (optional) and two are windows 10 laptops. At some point in the distant and long forgotten past, I must have created a homegroup. On the two available computers running windows 10, I have the ability to...
  9. cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password

cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password: I am having a home group password recognition problem setting up a new W10 pc with an old W10 laptop. The new PC will not recognize the original homegroup pw originally set up from my laptop. Is there a way of deleting the old homegroup and setting up a new one from...
  10. Windows 10 homegroup password problem

Windows 10 homegroup password problem: I have a windows 10 PC and a Windows 10 Laptop that I want to network in a homegroup. I setup the homegroup on the PC and that process generated a password. The PC is shown as being a member of the homegroup. When I attempt to connect the laptop all goes well until I get to...