Windows 10: How to reset Microsoft Password?

Discus and support How to reset Microsoft Password? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, I went to the pictures passcode way to get in on Microsoft 10, but now there are other passcodes I am not remembering and they are asking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dori5622, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Dori5622 Win User

How to reset Microsoft Password?

Hello all,

I went to the pictures passcode way to get in on Microsoft 10, but now there are other passcodes I am not remembering and they are asking for my Microsoft password. So now I have forgotten my Microsoft password because I used the picture code for so long. Does anyone know an easy way to get my password since really I have authorization to get into Microsoft except it is the picture way not the password way. I would think this would be easy. It now does not seem so easy. Thank you for any advice.

***Modified title from: I forgot my microsoft 10 password but have picture code.***

:)

Dori5622, Sep 10, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How to reset Microsoft Password? - Similar Threads - reset Microsoft Password

2. Microsoft Password Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Password Reset: Tried for the last 30 min using the proper steps required by Microsoft to reset my password. Combined using my Authenticator, email, text and all the safe guards that are now required and enabled on my Microsoft account with zero success. Each time I provide all the correct...
  3. Microsoft Password Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Password Reset: Tried for the last 30 min using the proper steps required by Microsoft to reset my password. Combined using my Authenticator, email, text and all the safe guards that are now required and enabled on my Microsoft account with zero success. Each time I provide all the correct...
  4. How to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset password: Hello! I've stopped using my laptop for a while now, and i forgot my password. However im not at the start page, but the screen is all black with that blue box in the middle, asking for the password. Please help...
  5. How to reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset password: Hello! I've stopped using my laptop for a while now, and i forgot my password. However im not at the start page, but the screen is all black with that blue box in the middle, asking for the password. Please help...
  6. How to reset a microsoft family childs password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to reset a microsoft family childs password: I am trying to reset my childs outlook.com password but something is off as during verification i choose send a txt message to the number and it gives me error "This service is not available at this time" when i try to use call option it does nothing after last 4 digits phone...
  7. reset microsoft password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    reset microsoft password: when trying to reset my password, my second email works, but when microsoft calls me on my cell for second step verification it does not accept my pound # key............
  8. Resetting Microsoft Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting Microsoft Password: while trying to recover an older Microsoft account i got an email saying this "Your Microsoft account appears to be provided by an Internet Service Provider" Anyone have any idea why this is the response. The thing is i dont have my old email anymore, as the account expired...
  9. Resetting Microsoft Password

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Resetting Microsoft Password: while trying to recover an older Microsoft account i got an email saying this "Your Microsoft account appears to be provided by an Internet Service Provider" Anyone have any idea why this is the response. The thing is i dont have my old email anymore, as the account expired...
  10. Unable to reset Microsoft Password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reset Microsoft Password: The resetting process stops at the point where one is asked to enter a birthdate. The error message is "enter a valid date". It is as though, when my original account was set up an incorrect date was entered. I have worked 6 hours over the past 2 weeks, under two different...