Windows 10: How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through...

Discus and support How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have set max memory to 256 MB only where as default was 1 GB, I applied settings and restarted device. now laptop starts with a very slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ashish SAM, Apr 10, 2021.

1. How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through...

Hi Team,

I have set max memory to 256 MB only where as default was 1 GB, I applied settings and restarted device. now laptop starts with a very slow speed it takes hours to show the login page. Yesterday i kept the laptop on for 24+ hours then it showed login page, i am not able to see password screen but just by analysis i enter code and able to proceed further.

Now the desktop and icons doesnt load, after waiting for more hrs i was able to open Win +r Run window, typed msconfig and hit enter but that window doesnt open either.

is there any way i can reset the maximum allocated memory msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory from what is currently set through blue screen / by any code embedded in a pendrive ?

When i power on I can see Esc.. button when clicked i am not sure which option can reset and solve my problem.

Laptop Notebook Configuration :

Win 7 home basic upgraded to Win 10, with valid key.

4 GB RAM DDR2

Made in 2009 by Compaq.

Regards,

Ashish

:)

Ashish SAM, Apr 10, 2021

2. restore msconfig advanced boot options

hi, I changed through msconfig the default boot advanced options moving the default numeber of processor up to 4 and the maximum memory up to 16384.

Now the computer is stucked on safe mode.

There's a way to restore those value to default with a command line. I have acces to the propt through the debug options

thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

ThomasMorge, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Advanced Options - Automatic Repair - MSconfig SNAFU

Hey All,

So, I made the mistake of following a YouTuber's advice, jury-rigging a few msconfig settings, and now my computer won't boot properly. I'll spare you the extraneous details and just tell you what I did.

• Boot > advanced options > set maximum memory from 0 to 256 (STUPID, STUPID, STUPID)
    • Applied the advanced boot settings.
    Now, every time I boot up my PC, it brings me to a blue screen showing its collecting error info and then attempts to restart. During the restart, the PC prepares and automatic repair, diagnoses the PC and then shows a message saying that Windows 10 cannot
    automatically repair the PC. It then provides me with the following advanced options:

• Reset PC
    • System Restore (when i did this, I got an unspecified error: 0x80070002)
    • System Image Recovery
    • Startup Repair
    • Command Prompt
    • Startup Settings
    • Go back to the previous build (didn't work)
    Is there anyway I can reset the configuration via the Command Prompt? If so, how?

Thanks!

ADorstrade, Apr 10, 2021
  4. How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through...

Windows 10, unchecked the maximum memory and maximum processors in MSCONFIG

(sorry for my bad english) From MSCONFIG, BOOT, advanced option, i have unchecked the maximum memory and processors then proceed to restarting which the system asks to do so. After that, i received error and the laptop wont open up.. It wont work also... Can anyone help. Thanks!

[ Found this photo on youtube ©]](https://i.stack.imgur.com/PlgYt.png)

Hendrik Santiaguel, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through...

1. How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through... - Similar Threads - reset msconfig Boot

2. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AFTER CHANGING MAXIMUM MEMORY IN BOOT ADVANCE OPTIONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AFTER CHANGING MAXIMUM MEMORY IN BOOT ADVANCE OPTIONS: Hello Good Day. I have a problem regarding my laptop HP i7-5th gen. let me get to the point, after changing the maximum memory to the highest number in the boot advance settings in msconfig/system configuration, I've been stuck in the blue screen of death and I cant get out...
  3. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AFTER CHANGING MAXIMUM MEMORY IN BOOT ADVANCE OPTIONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AFTER CHANGING MAXIMUM MEMORY IN BOOT ADVANCE OPTIONS: Hello Good Day. I have a problem regarding my laptop HP i7-5th gen. let me get to the point, after changing the maximum memory to the highest number in the boot advance settings in msconfig/system configuration, I've been stuck in the blue screen of death and I cant get out...
  4. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AFTER CHANGING MAXIMUM MEMORY IN BOOT ADVANCE OPTIONS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Msconfig maximum memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Msconfig maximum memory: Hello when i checked the maximum performance and restarted my pc it doesn't work anymore i did this because of the unused memory thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-maximum-memory/0f06bdb0-e8ae-47a1-a2da-634cd360dbdd
  6. boot advance option/maximum memory settings in Windows 10 32bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    boot advance option/maximum memory settings in Windows 10 32bit: Hello everyone, my problem is with my ram settings. I have been getting a handfull of bluescreens throughout the weeks. Error is Unexpected Store Exception. I believe its a memory problem. System info window says install memory is 16MG which is correct but I have only 2.46...
  7. MSConfig Advanced Boot Option, Boot Cores

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSConfig Advanced Boot Option, Boot Cores: What is the MSConfig boot with more cores options, mine choose 6, and there is an available option of 12? What is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-advanced-boot-option-boot-cores/fab83286-4884-4526-8e42-91b40302196c
  8. What are Boot Advanced Options in MSCONFIG in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    What are Boot Advanced Options in MSCONFIG in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]MSConfig or System Configuration Utility is an inbuilt tool in Windows that allows you to manage startup items, boot options, Services & boot in Safe Mode, etc. Under […] This article What are Boot Advanced Options in MSCONFIG in Windows 10? first appeared on...
  9. A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig

in Windows 10 Customization
    A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Home 64 bit with 8.00 GB ram. 6.93 GB is usable, but when I tick "Maximum Memory" it changes to "5.95 GB usable". Does anybody know why? The value for the setting is 0. Thanks...
  10. Msconfig Options Reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Msconfig Options Reset: When using msconfig, I am no longer getting the dialog box offering the options of 'Restart' or 'Exit without Restart'. How do I reinstate this? 67313

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8gb ram boot advanced options

2. command prompt advanced boot options maximum memory

3. comands for restarting system from command propt in windows 8

4. how reset mscinfig memory advans boot,
  5. reset rwm mscknfig comand promt