Windows 10: how to reset my computer without reinstalling windows

Discus and support how to reset my computer without reinstalling windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi So my computer has been acting pretty slow and pretty weird but i am scared when i reseat my computer it will add all the installation files again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YounessMaarouf, Dec 1, 2020.

1. how to reset my computer without reinstalling windows

Hi

So my computer has been acting pretty slow and pretty weird but i am scared when i reseat my computer it will add all the installation files again so how can i reset my computer without reinstalling windows

:)

YounessMaarouf, Dec 1, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Reinstall Apps After Resetting The Computer.

Hi Marguerite,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you choose the option to Remove files and clean the drive while resetting the computer?
    2. What is the complete name of the application that you are trying to reinstall?
    3. From where did you install the application?

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 1, 2020
  4. RoshanV S Win User

how to reset my computer without reinstalling windows

reset computer/reinstall Onedrive

Hi GayleSmith1,

I'm Roshan V S, Windows expert and a Windows user like you.

In order to reinstall one drive follow these steps:

1. Right-click Start button, choose Run.

2. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.

3. Find "Microsoft OneDrive" in the list and uninstall it.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Go to the OneDrive Download Page :https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/download/ and click the "need to reinstall?" link on the page to get the new installer.

6. Let me know if the installer has any trouble this time

Follow these steps to reset your PC:

Option 1: Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Reset this PC, select Get started.

Option 2: Restart your PC to get to the sign-in screen, then press and hold down the Shift key while you select the Power icon > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen. After your computer restarts, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.

Option 3: Select Start , then press and hold down the Shift key while you select the Power icon > Restart to restart your computer into Recovery Mode. After your computer restarts, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.

Any of these three options will get you started, but once you're in the process, follow the steps as they are presented to you. If none of the preceding three options work, you can use installation media to resinstall Windows 10.

Use installation media to reinstall Windows 10

If your PC won't start at all, you can use installation media to do a clean install of Windows 10. Go to the Microsoft software download website here :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
    , download the media creation tool, then use it to create installation media on a DVD or USB drive.

For more detailed steps for reinstall Windows 10, Visit this page:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/400073...

RoshanV S, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

how to reset my computer without reinstalling windows

1. how to reset my computer without reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - reset computer without

2. How to reinstall Windows 11 without "Reset my PC" or Advanced Startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall Windows 11 without "Reset my PC" or Advanced Startup?: Got a very sudden BSOD earlier this afternoon. I suspect I may have caught some sort of nasty malware, which deleted winload.efi. Error code: 0xc0000225.From my current knowledge, I can no longer:- Reset the PC- Access any of the Advanced Startup settings the PC demands that...
  3. How to reinstall Windows 11 without "Reset my PC" or Advanced Startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall Windows 11 without "Reset my PC" or Advanced Startup?: Got a very sudden BSOD earlier this afternoon. I suspect I may have caught some sort of nasty malware, which deleted winload.efi. Error code: 0xc0000225.From my current knowledge, I can no longer:- Reset the PC- Access any of the Advanced Startup settings the PC demands that...
  4. My computer will not allow me to reset/reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not allow me to reset/reinstall windows: I am trying to place my computer back to a clean slate due to many issues, possibly corrupt files. When I try to reset it, it pops up with a recovery page saying that my device needs repaired. I have went to the advanced startup page and tried reinstalling windows and even...
  5. My computer will not allow me to reset/reinstall windows

My computer will not allow me to reset/reinstall windows: I am trying to place my computer back to a clean slate due to many issues, possibly corrupt files. When I try to reset it, it pops up with a recovery page saying that my device needs repaired. I have went to the advanced startup page and tried reinstalling windows and even...
  6. My computer will not allow me to reset/reinstall windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do i reset my computer and reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reset my computer and reinstall windows?: I tried to change the text size did not like the text, so I changed it back to the regular size. In doing so, the icon folders on my desktop moved on top of on another. I removed "auto arrange icons", however when I hover over a folder/icon on my desktop it shows and outline...
  8. How do i reset my computer and reinstall windows?

How do i reset my computer and reinstall windows?: I tried to change the text size did not like the text, so I changed it back to the regular size. In doing so, the icon folders on my desktop moved on top of on another. I removed "auto arrange icons", however when I hover over a folder/icon on my desktop it shows and outline...
  9. reset or reinstall computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset or reinstall computer: i have a computer of someone who passed . i need to know how to reset or reinstall the program. i dont want any of his information or emails .it is an HP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-or-reinstall-computer/d398d38c-1f19-4878-ac32-4f94278cd054
  10. How to Reinstall/Reset/ReBoot Windows 10 Without edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Reinstall/Reset/ReBoot Windows 10 Without edge: I am trying to facotry reset my laptop but i cant go to the internet to download the required tools everytime i open edge it fills the cpu and closes and i cant open the setting or press the windows button to open that menu i have also lost the anility to open the honescreen...