Windows 10: How to reset network settings in Windows 10

Discus and support How to reset network settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This can help solve connection problems you might have after upgrading from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10. It can also help to fix the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by #hunter.tran, Nov 24, 2020.

1. How to reset network settings in Windows 10

This can help solve connection problems you might have after upgrading from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10. It can also help to fix the problem where you can connect to the internet, but can't connect to shared network drives. Network reset removes any network adapters you have installed and the settings for them. After your PC restarts, any network adapters are reinstalled, and the settings for them are set to the defaults.

Note: To use network reset, your PC must be running Windows 10 Version 1607 or later. To see which version of Windows 10 your device is currently running, select the Start button, then select Settings > System > About.

Step 1: Select the Start button, then select Settings> Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.

How to reset network settings in Windows 10 55110e29-97fd-4900-82aa-3c4af18ea818?upload=true.png

How to reset network settings in Windows 10 a566a815-8771-487c-b2cc-e88a09cb17f0?upload=true.png

How to reset network settings in Windows 10 8fc443eb-591d-4c63-bd18-680473bba224?upload=true.png

Step 2: On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm.

How to reset network settings in Windows 10 1620b06f-4131-4ff4-aea0-6cd84fd801d5?upload=true.png

How to reset network settings in Windows 10 28c82775-7f03-45ae-88ba-c63a938f912d?upload=true.png

Then Windows will give you 5 minutes to close all documents and programs before it automatically restart. You can do the restart yourself to save time.

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-9424a1f7-6a3b-65a6-4d78-7f07eee84d2c

:)

#hunter.tran, Nov 24, 2020

2. Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?

Here is the link to Clean Boot state.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

If you haven't install latest version of network card driver.

On Windows 10, you can also use the "Network reset" feature to fix Wi-Fi or Ethernet connectivity problems after installing an update or at any time that you can't connect to the network.

To reset the network adapters on your device, use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Network & Internet.
    3. Click on Status.
    4. Under the "Change your network settings" section, click the Network reset option.
    5. Click the Reset now button.

FreeBooter, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2020
  4. How to reset network settings in Windows 10

Not sure where to begin

I suggest you perform a clean installation of Windows 10 but if you want to troubleshoot install latest version of network card driver from network card manufacturer website.

If installing latest version of network card driver on Windows 10, you can also use the "Network reset" feature to fix Wi-Fi or Ethernet connectivity problems after installing an update or at any time that you can't connect to the network.

To reset the network adapters on your device, use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Network & Internet.
    3. Click on Status.
    4. Under the "Change your network settings" section, click the Network reset option.
    5. Click the Reset now button.

Clean Install Windows 10

FreeBooter, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

How to reset network settings in Windows 10

1. How to reset network settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - reset network settings

2. How to set up home network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set up home network Windows 10: I've had difficulty over a long period setting up a simple home network for 2 computers that are connected to the same wifi modem. I followed the instructions at...
  3. How to set up home network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up home network Windows 10: I've had difficulty over a long period setting up a simple home network for 2 computers that are connected to the same wifi modem. I followed the instructions at...
  4. How to reset font settings in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset font settings in windows 10?: I have messed with the systems fonts and now my task bar, time and desktop apps text look weird. I tried using Segoe UI font but no luck. I have also tried resetting the font settings in control panel How do I fix this?Thx...
  5. Network Reset in Windows 10

Network Reset in Windows 10: Sometime, a network reset could fix slow connection issue on wifi, especially when only your device is affected, but not others This can help solve connection problems you might have after upgrading from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10. It can also help to fix...
  6. Resetting Network in Windows 10

Resetting Network in Windows 10: I was unable to connect to my wireless network. The troubleshooting steps were unsuccessful. I attempted to reset my network. After my computer restarted, it allowed me to sign in but, it doesn't go to my desktop. It remains in the opening cycle. What can I do, to get it...
  7. How to Reset the Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Reset the Settings app in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 Settings app is not working properly, then you have one very effective way of resolving this issue. Microsoft allows you to reset the Settings app, but it is not easily accessible. In this post, we will [...] This post How to Reset the...
  8. How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?: I screwed around a bit too much, and i just need a fresh breath of air for my computer. submitted by /u/-Morgz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e59sxi/how_to_reset_windows_10_to_default_settings/
  9. How to reset display settings on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset display settings on windows 10?: Iv'e recently changed some settings and ever since the aspect ratio has been like an inch off in all directions, no resolutions are their correct resolutions and i have a project due in a day for school and i need to fix this quickly....
  10. how to set up a network in windows 10

how to set up a network in windows 10: I need to do a new setup of my network because I have a new router. How do I get my tablet recognized by Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-a-network-in-windows-10/37885f23-3cd8-4d8c-8374-b656f058b487