Windows 10: How to reset notification from these apps

Discus and support How to reset notification from these apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brink, you had a tutorial in the works for this, but it seems to have disappeared. in Windows 10 Eight Forums I'm in the same boat as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by les, Oct 14, 2015.

1. NaySayer Win User

How to reset notification from these apps

Brink, you had a tutorial in the works for this, but it seems to have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Eight Forums

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. Some icons are black, some are missing (like outlook 2016).

NaySayer, Oct 17, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello NaySayer, *Smile

Correct. It works for what the OP wants and is the same as what Nubble posted, but was removed since it will also break live tiles on Start.

Brink, Oct 17, 2015
  3. groucho Win User
    Here is a screen shot for you

How to reset notification from these apps [​IMG]

groucho, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Just note that doing that will also break live tiles pinned to Start. *Sad

Brink, Dec 5, 2015
  5. groucho Win User
    Not on my system *Smile

groucho, Dec 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It will the next time you sign out/in, restart explorer, or restart the computer after deleting the AppDB binary.

Brink, Dec 5, 2015
  7. Has any one come up with a solution to this, some of my app notification icons are blank (Action Center Settings), I tried deleting AppDB but even after a restart it didn't appear to fix anything. Judging by some of the responses on this site there has been some confusion as what we are referring to as notification icons, we are not talking about the notification icons in the notification area of the taskbar!

markread76, Dec 29, 2015
  8. stocktiki Win User

Having a similar issue here. In the "Show notifications from these apps" list at Settings>System>Notifications & actions - only one app "Mail" shows up. That means I don't get notifications on any other apps - which isn't ideal.

Any solutions?

stocktiki, Jan 11, 2016
  9. Daz1967 Win User
    I would like to know how to clear out the Show Notification from These Apps section as well because mine has duplicate apps and some that are not even installed any more! Typical that Microsoft would include these but not give us an option to delete them individually by simply right-clicking on each one and selecting Delete (it's similar to the horrendous issue I had trying to remove an expired and long deleted appointment from my Calendar... that was extremely awkward to fix such that I no long use Cortana to make appointments any more!!!).

Daz1967, Mar 31, 2016
  10. Have you tried with Ccleaner then go to
    Tools uninstall
    That will normally get rid of left over bits if it still shows up in there
    If none of that works
    Try Revo Uninstaller
    You can use the 30 day trial
    Also make sure you read it though and understand it
    I Liked it so much on all my systems I pay for it

hTconeM9user, Mar 31, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    If you have time and wouldn't mind doing a Repair Install..................
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to reset notification from these apps - Similar Threads - reset notification apps

2. Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out: I keep receiving random notifications.Under Settings - Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these app, many are turned to "ON" and there is no way that can be changed to "OFF" - what is the solution to this. See attached screeshot.I require no notifications...
  3. Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out: I keep receiving random notifications.Under Settings - Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these app, many are turned to "ON" and there is no way that can be changed to "OFF" - what is the solution to this. See attached screeshot.I require no notifications...
  4. Not Getting Notifications from Reddit App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Getting Notifications from Reddit App: I have the reddit app installed on my Windows 11 PC and I don't get notifications from it. I have notifications enabled from my settings within the app. I looked at the notifications menu in Windows and don't see Reddit listed there. How can I enable notifications for this...
  5. Not Getting Notifications from Reddit App

Not Getting Notifications from Reddit App: I have the reddit app installed on my Windows 11 PC and I don't get notifications from it. I have notifications enabled from my settings within the app. I looked at the notifications menu in Windows and don't see Reddit listed there. How can I enable notifications for this...
  6. How to block all notifications or notifications from specific apps in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to block all notifications or notifications from specific apps in Windows 11: Windows 11's notification system may be used by applications to send notifications to the user's desktop. Apps may use it to send reminders to the user. A common scenario that is supported are push updates by sites. Subscribe to them, and you will get notifications on the...
  7. Not getting notifications from apps anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not getting notifications from apps anymore?: Not sure why, but I'm not getting toast window notifications from apps anymore, like when I add things to my Dropbox from another computer, it would pop up a toast window in the bottom-right corner, "You just added X items to your Dropbox", but it doesn't do that anymore. I...
  8. How to disable BALLON notifications from SPECIFIC apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable BALLON notifications from SPECIFIC apps?: [ATTACH] Internet is full with ways to disable all notifications entirely or all ballon notification. Windows 7 had a menu, which allowed to hide notifications for specific app (and/or it's icon), shown below in red...
  9. Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications

Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications: I have the following in Notifications [img] I have uninstalled Screenshot Captor, I have run CCleaner over the Registry, I removed all traces of Screenshot Captor from the registry and I've rebooted - yet the Notification list still has those nine entries in for...
  10. Notification from apps.

Notification from apps.: Show notification from these apps has only onedrive and feedback. How to add apps like calender etc? 8046