Windows 10: How to reset password with fingerprint and pin.

Discus and support How to reset password with fingerprint and pin. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically title. I was stupid and didn’t write pay password down so know I’m screwed. Anyway I can reset password with the info in the title.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/like-my-fith-account, Feb 19, 2021.

1. How to reset password with fingerprint and pin.

Basically title. I was stupid and didn’t write pay password down so know I’m screwed. Anyway I can reset password with the info in the title.

submitted by /u/like-my-fith-account
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/like-my-fith-account, Feb 19, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 19, 2021
  3. markg2 Win User
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options is all for my MS account not the machine.

Nothing under Settings/Privacy or /Updates and Security.

Okay, I'll bite, where is 'give this OS a password' hidden?

Mark

markg2, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Mike1951 Win User

How to reset password with fingerprint and pin.

Prefer Fingerprint Reader use Password Instead of PIN

I just purchased a modest Toshiba laptop to replace my five year old HP laptop. Being new to W10, I am not impressed with and do not trust the use of a PIN rather than a sophisticated password.

The USB reader I bought for the Toshiba is an Eikon using Authentec driver. I dislike the apparent limitation of Windows Hello to only associate the fingerprint reader with the PIN. But my real issue is that this prevents my using the FP reader to also open my password program.

On my HP laptop, I have this capability with SimplePass. I actually attempted to install HP's SimplePass on the Toshiba, but it would not install.

Unless I'm overlooking a way to do this with W10, I'm looking for a utility that will store password(s) for use by the FP reader both for logon and accessing, at the minimum, my password program.

I do not wish to change the password for my password program to the Hello PIN just to achieve the dual function.

Any enlightenment and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike1951, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

How to reset password with fingerprint and pin.

1. How to reset password with fingerprint and pin. - Similar Threads - reset password fingerprint

2. Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????: Windows forces me to use a PIN but I don't want to remember a password and a PIN i already have 2FA but I do like a fingerprint but that requires a PIN also? It's just to much to remember all those PIN's that are required for apps banking insurance windows why would a...
  3. Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????: Windows forces me to use a PIN but I don't want to remember a password and a PIN i already have 2FA but I do like a fingerprint but that requires a PIN also? It's just to much to remember all those PIN's that are required for apps banking insurance windows why would a...
  4. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  5. RESET PIN & RESET PASSWORD

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    RESET PIN & RESET PASSWORD: Hi All, I need help! I purchased a new HP Laptop for my daughter. I began the setup process and created a PIN for security and created a brand new outlook account for her. After installing an anti virus software it asked to restart the laptop which I did. However I was then...
  6. RESET PIN & RESET PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESET PIN & RESET PASSWORD: Hi All, I need help! I purchased a new HP Laptop for my daughter. I began the setup process and created a PIN for security and created a brand new outlook account for her. After installing an anti virus software it asked to restart the laptop which I did. However I was then...
  7. RESET PIN & RESET PASSWORD

8. PIN, password, and fingerprint not taking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN, password, and fingerprint not taking: I have schoolwork I need to be doing on this computer like. right at this moment so this is urgent.First: I don't remember my password. I set it when I got the computer two years ago and have not used it once. I don't have a reset password link.My pin was very recently...
  9. How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?: I've had this PC for a few months now after having a MacBook. On the MacBook, I could make it so I could completely bypass a login screen and never have to enter a password when the computer went to sleep or was closed. I can't turn this off on my PC. I've tried used the...
  10. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?: Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but...