Windows 10: How to reset pc with ssd and hdd?

Discus and support How to reset pc with ssd and hdd? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to reset my pc because the files are kinda messed up and I just want a fresh start. However, I'm confused about what reset format to choose.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by beetrees, Feb 7, 2021.

1. beetrees Win User

How to reset pc with ssd and hdd?

I want to reset my pc because the files are kinda messed up and I just want a fresh start. However, I'm confused about what reset format to choose.

After clicking "remove all files" it redirects me to this option.

How to reset pc with ssd and hdd? ae8cec4f-3f6d-4826-b235-bfc3d10bc149?upload=true.png

If I clicked yes only to the "clean the drive" it shows this:

How to reset pc with ssd and hdd? a531eba1-5c6f-4ee0-9662-374c67fa43e5?upload=true.png

if I click yes to only "delete files from all drives" it shows this:

How to reset pc with ssd and hdd? 1af17c49-b5ea-4e21-a414-f93f834000f7?upload=true.png

Then the list of drives that will be affected shows only disk D which is my HDD

If I clicked both of them: the list of drives also just shows disk D

How to reset pc with ssd and hdd? 32de5dc4-24d7-4303-82d1-d2ae45b14868?upload=true.png

What is the difference between clean the drive and delete all files from all drives and which one is safer for both my ssd and hdd? Help please I don't what to choose because I see some articles saying that quick format should only be done and not full format because full format can damage the ssd but I can't distinguish the quick and full format from those options. Thank you in advance!

:)

beetrees, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Feb 7, 2021
  4. How to reset pc with ssd and hdd?

OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

How to reset pc with ssd and hdd?

1. How to reset pc with ssd and hdd? - Similar Threads - reset ssd hdd

2. Ssd to hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd to hdd: I recently purchased a new ssd for my PC but realised the secondary slot doesn't support it gen 4. My current ssd is gen 3 and is supported by the secondary slot. However my OS and things are installed on it. If I installed the new one and moved the old to slot 2, would that...
  3. HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD: how do I transfer my windows 10 OS to my new SSD, so 2 Drives. Old SSD with the old files and New SSD with the windows 10. But still being able to access the data on the old.The new SSD is a Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5" 1TB.spec:Dell Inc. 0PXWHKi7-8700non-kgtx 1060 16 gb ram...
  4. Cloning HDD to SSD with Windows Reset Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning HDD to SSD with Windows Reset Option: I have bought Crucial SSD and would like to clone my HDDHP machine which came preinstalled with Windows 10 to SSD i don't wont to loose Windows Reset options if things go wrong in future with my machine.. my AIM is to Boot only OS not migrate whole HDD to SSD because i...
  5. How to clone hdd to ssd

How to clone hdd to ssd: please tell me how to change my laptop harddisk hdd to sdd without any data loss. through the cloning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clone-hdd-to-ssd/857c7761-b81d-491e-b669-9679f8b69e0c
  6. New PC with SSD and HDD setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC with SSD and HDD setup: I'm having issues completing my environment setup on my Dell XPS 8930 desktop computer. As mentioned in the subject line, my PC has both an SSD and HDD. The operating system (Windows 10 Pro) is on the SSD as Drive C. The HDD is 2tb and I plan to use this for my user data....
  7. New pc build ssd and hdd

New pc build ssd and hdd: Hello, I am planning a brand new build and would like to install a 120gb ssd as my boot disk, and a 1Tb for pretty much everything else. What is the best way to go about this? And how do I make the hdd the default for downloads, storage, etc. This will be a clean, new...
  8. Migrated from HDD to SSD - Unable to Reset

Migrated from HDD to SSD - Unable to Reset: Hi Guys, I was using a HP Pavilion P-045tx (4th Gen i7, 8 GB, 1 TB) which came with windows 8.1 pre-installed. It got updated to Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bit later. Due to the 100% disk issue and lag in the overall running, I bought a Samsung Evo 860 256 GB SSD...
  9. Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????: I want to do a clone backup of my laptop that has an SSD for the OS and program files and an HDD for the data files I am unsure of how to do a clone backup involving the two drive configuration As seen in the capture below do I clone the two drives separately to their...
  10. ssd and hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd and hdd: What should i buy? 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd or 500gb ssd. And if i will buy 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd and i will install win10 on the hdd, the ssd will help win10 to boot? 23715