Windows 10: How to reset PIN from website?

Discus and support How to reset PIN from website? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So recently I got Minecraft Windows 10 edition and I wanted to use the same account I was using on my Nintendo Switch, so I signed in and it asked me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by La1th, May 14, 2020.

1. La1th Win User

How to reset PIN from website?

So recently I got Minecraft Windows 10 edition and I wanted to use the same account I was using on my Nintendo Switch, so I signed in and it asked me to set up Windows Hello. If I didn't, it wouldn't signed me in. So I tried, but it asked me for my PIN which I don't remember setting up since I the user I was using was connected to a different Microsoft account than what I was using for Minecraft. I couldn't reset my PIN normally since the only way I found to was to go into the settings, which I could only do with the Microsoft account I was using on the computer. Is there a way I can reset my PIN from a website where I can sign in as any account?

:)

La1th, May 14, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 14, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 14, 2020
  4. How to reset PIN from website?

Pinned Websites of Edge are color inversed

Hello Marvin,

Thanks for your reply. Here is mine.

• Were there any recent changes on your device?
    My device is a Surface Pro 4 that I possesses for about a month. I have not made any software change and let Windows Update manage all update, including Drivers.

• Since when have you been experiencing the issue?
    About 2 weeks ago, when I started pin website on the Start Screen. It doesn't seem to be related to a specific point of time or an event.

• Were there any external devices connected to your computer when it happened?
    For the first one, probably none. For the others, It could include the Surface Pen and the Type Cover, probably a Logitech MX Master (mouse) connected with Bluetooth, and also the
    Sony MDR 10, a Bluetooth headset. This setup vary depending of my usages (tablette or computer).

• Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform certain actions? If so, what are these actions and what is the particular error message.
    I am not getting any error messages. I go on the website I'm looking to add on the start screen with Edge, I clic on the 3-dot icon of the Edge toolbar, and I select "Pin this page on the Start Screen". I got a message "This application is trying to
    pin a tile to the Start Screen, Do you want to pin this tile on the Start Screen ?, Yes, No". Then I press Yes and I get the website pinned. The website is not pinned if it is already on the Start Screen.

• Have you recently installed any software?
    Aside from a few applications from the Windows Store, I recently installed Firefox and Visual Studio Code the last weekend. The issue was already there, and Edge is still my default browser. I have not changed the default.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Resize the tile, move in or out of a folder. Delete and recreate it.

Tonight, I will try this on my laptop and my desktop computers to see if the issue happens too. They are both on Windows 10 and the laptop could miss the very latest updates from Microsoft.

Kind Regards

Thoscellen, May 14, 2020
Thema:

How to reset PIN from website?

1. How to reset PIN from website? - Similar Threads - reset PIN website

2. How to reset pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset pin?: I just bought my Acer windows 11 laptop today and I don’t remember adding a pin to sign in with, so I pressed forgot pin so that I could set a pin that I would remember.It would take me to the Microsoft account screen but it was a blank white screen then it would go back to...
  3. How I change pin from the website to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I change pin from the website to my laptop: I need my laptop for school but it says "wait for 2 hours" and doesn't let me log back in please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-change-pin-from-the-website-to-my-laptop/fdf8f55f-110d-4126-8a89-c63f3b7509e6
  4. How I change pin from the website to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I change pin from the website to my laptop: I need my laptop for school but it says "wait for 2 hours" and doesn't let me log back in please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-change-pin-from-the-website-to-my-laptop/fdf8f55f-110d-4126-8a89-c63f3b7509e6
  5. Windows hello PIN reset on website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello PIN reset on website?: I cant login to my account because it asks for my windows hello pin. I dont know it or remember setting it plus i dont have any windows devices setup to reset it in the pc settings app. Is it possible to do a Windows hello PIN reset on website? or is there another viable...
  6. Windows hello PIN reset on website?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello PIN reset on website?: I cant login to my account because it asks for my windows hello pin. I dont know it or remember setting it plus i dont have any windows devices setup to reset it in the pc settings app. Is it possible to do a Windows hello PIN reset on website? or is there another viable...
  7. Pinning websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinning websites: For some reason I can no longer pin any websites. I go on to a website and pin it to the taskbar, nothing happens it just goes to edge. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-websites/1c1196ea-5df2-4d98-a778-fb4c99c35219
  8. How to reset pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset pin: They are requesting my pin number, don't know it and don't know how to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-pin/1edabe13-2019-4a48-aafd-e6500fda83e1
  9. How to pin website to start

How to pin website to start: How do I pin a site (such as a company) to the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-website-to-start/6bb08dd8-f7aa-45bb-803e-f812163cb2fd
  10. How to pin a website to start window?

How to pin a website to start window?: How do I pin a specific website to my start menu in Windows 10? I was able to do it before but I can't do it now. Is there a limit to how many can be pinned to start menu? Thanks!...